We have an absolute treat for all our readers – we have launched an amazing FREE children’s book club that is designed to encourage reading in our children for positive mental health. We have partnered with the amazing Quarto Kids. We will send you a free eBook every month, and 10 – 20 members will also received a physical copy of the book we are covering too (UK Only). For details on the books for the next few months; check out our Amazon book store, as well as all the details below:
Welcome to Shelf Care Children’s Book Club: Sign up below!
What will you get in our Shelf Care Book Club
We are hoping that we will be able to bring you fun, education and entertainment within the book club, but specifically we will have:
- We are giving away free 3-month subscriptions to the Readly app to some lucky members of the club. This app is a digital magazine subscription which has thousands of magazines and lots of Disney magazines too! We will pick the winners randomly each month, and let them know via email. Full details in our terms and conditions,
- Activity sheets on the books where we are able to produce them in partnership with the publisher, or they already have them (so we cannot guarantee there will always be one for every book we cover),
- A free eBook every single month to be given to you on the 6th of the month (see later for which books we are going to have for you over the next few months). We are aiming for the books to be relevant to 2 – 9 year olds. The sooner we get that love of reading instilled, the better!
- Free eBook, audio book and colouring book for the amazing That’s Okay book from Chris Dixon which helps kids to understand and name their feelings. Feeling happy to do this goes a long way to helping kids to become resilient: learning to talk about our feelings helps us all to feel we have more control over them,
- Exclusive Facebook group to chat about the books that you have, as well as anything else you want to (with kindness of course). We’d love to hear from you, particularly sharing other activities and ideas for mental health, and fun things to do with kids,
- Other exclusive, and relevant giveaways, with one to launch very, very soon with an amazing company we know you will love,
- A free, exclusive 6-week trial to Readly for everyone which you will get when the first book launches, and
- Podcasts, we hope, in the future, as long as we get enough interest in the book club to make the time it takes to set these up worthwhile!
Given you get all this for free – why wouldn’t you join up, right?
What books are included within Shelf Care?
We have looked at the amazing Quarto Kids catalogue for 2023/2024, and we have picked some of the best and more relevant books to the age range we are focusing on. We have also picked the books that we think we help kids to both understand the world around them, and to process their emotions too.
Here are some of the older books from the club:
- October 2023: Once Upon a Witch’s Broom – which teaches our kids about how perfectionism isn’t really what we should be striving for. We have perfectionism in children activities and ideas to use alongside reading it.
- September 2023: One Little Word that explores the amazing ability for saying sorry to transform things, including arguments. We have worksheets all about arguments to support the book,
- August 2023: The Hare-Shaped Hole, which is a wonderful book all about grief for Grief Awareness Day on the 30th August. Our worksheets are focused on loss,
- July 2023: Courage Out Loud, that talks all about the power of bravery for our kids, and this is our focus for the ideas we explore through the book,
- June 2023: I Hear You, which has been renamed to We’ve Got This and is all about empathy. Check out the activities in the book, they are amazing,
- May 2023: What a Day, which gives us thoughts and ideas around mindfulness and our activities reflect this,
- April 2023: The Hot Cross Bunny, with activity sheets that are focused on friendship,
- March 2023: Our Tower, where we look at the power of community,
- February 2023: Beware of the Blue Bagoo, with our amazing activity sheets for it exploring how appearances can be deceptive,
The books for the rest of 2023 and into 2024 include:
- November 2023: Lost, a wonderful story about a polar bear that’s got lost,
- December 2023: Monsters at Christmas – a little bit of fun for the festive season!
- January 2024: Lunar New Year, exploring the celebration of Chinese New Year, and finally
- February 2024: The Thing at 52, a book that looks at loneliness and loss.
We think these are all amazing books, and help with everything from understanding grief, to improving kids empathy. All of which are going to go a long way to helping kids to develop positive mental health, and to be more OK with talking about how they are feeling.
If you aren’t sure that this free online Children’s book club is for you – no worries at all – drop us a line, and ask anything that you want, and we will be happy to help. Hopefully, we can answer your questions, and you can see if it’s suitable or not.
We LOVE reading on KiddyCharts, so here are some more ideas and posts around books and reading on the site:
We do also have some ideas for Welbeing books for kids too:
And some off it (!):
Thanks as always for coming to see us. If you want to hear from us more regularly, do sign up for our newsletter where you get all our articles as they are published on site:
Thanks for coming to see us – oh – and we DO also have a whole series of eight articles to support kids mental health too – sign up to get them here!
See you soon,