Below are the standard terms and condition for this site. We have additional terms for the summer reading challenge we are running over the summer of 2021.
Summer Reading Challenge 2021 additional T&Cs:
- Start date for this is Friday 25th June from 12.01pm,
- Closing date is Thursday 30th September at 11.59pm,
- To enter the giveaway those entering are agreeing to have their emails added to our weekly database and the Dream Believe Read database in exchange,
- Entries must be completed by a representative of a primary school, such as a teacher or headteacher, or an adult with parental responsibilities for the child who is entering,
- Only one entry per child, schools may enter multiple children. To be eligible for the school prizes, the schools must enter more than one child from the same email address,
- For the purposes of this giveaway a ‘school’ or ‘nursery’, is defined as any public sector or independent nursery, infant, junior, primary, middle or secondary school, special school, or pupil referral unit, in the UK,
- Entries will be accepted from private nurseries and schools
- Giveaway prize categories are:
- Nursery schools, and Nursery age children; ages 2 until 4,
- Primary schools, and primary age children; ages 5 to 11, and
- Secondary schools, and secondary age children; ages 12 – 18.
- We are offering a number of prizes to individual children and schools – if there are not enough entries for these prizes to be allocated, they will be provided to a charity of the promoters choice, or retained for other marketing activities
- Full details of the prizes available to children within each category are available here – all decisions on prizes are final and the promoter can choose to withdraw entries at any time, particular if it is determine/felt that the entrants have not read the books that are included within the reading log. The reading log must be completed with good faith for eligibility:
- All entries are to be sent to email@example.com – no other entries will be accepted,
- Participants must complete the reading log to enter, and name their entries according to the naming convention:
kidsname_age_schoolname_schoolcategory. Any that do not comply with these will be removed from entries,
- Full details on how to enter are included within https://www.kiddycharts.com/summer-reading-challenge. Contact us with any queries,
- Children who, at the time of entering the giveaway, are under the age of 16 need to have permission from the adult with parental responsibility for them. If it is not possible to determine this, then those entries will be removed,
- We reserve the right to request proof of age and name for all entrants and winners,
- Entry to the giveaway is FREE,
- There are NO CASH alternatives,
- Entries which are not selected as winners will not be contacted to let them know they haven’t won, but may be contacted to discuss any other promotion and inclusion of their entry in any other media as KiddyCharts see fit,
- Entering the competition enables KiddyCharts to add you to their mailing list for schools, and parents providing further information on our resources and articles,
- KiddyCharts reserve the right to use all entries submitted to the giveaway email address on all forms of media, and in the local press, without permission of the entrants,
- If the winner undertakes their own promotion, they must inform KiddyCharts and talk to us about how they intend on referring to the giveaway,
- Winning entries will be displayed on KiddyCharts social channels at KiddyCharts discretion,
- Winners will be notified by return email within 28 days of the giveaway closing, if there is no response to the email then KiddyCharts reserve the right to pick another winner,
- Prizes will be sent out as soon as possible following the giveaway draw,
- All winners will be chosen at random from those entered into each of the three categories, including the individual kids prizes as detailed in the prize packages above,
- If there aren’t enough individual children entering at each level, additional prizes will be donated to a charity chosen by the promoter. To clarify, a child can only win one prize (only one entry per child per household), and schools cannot win multiple categories,
- We reserve the right to swap any prizes for ones of equal value depending on stock availability, and
- Reading is to be completed by the child that submits the reading log, and not split across children or within a family, household, or school. One reading log refers to the one child that the reading log is named for as entry.
13th Oct Summer Reading challenge UPDATE – NOTE:
We have now contacted most of the winners for this competition. Emails should be with all winners by close Friday 15th October. Due to the number of entries that achieved Gold Reading Level in our reading log, we have given out prizes to those children that achieved Gold Level, then the Silver Level and then finally the Bronze Level in each of the relevant categories. This means that as many prizes as possible were given to our kids’ entries. Therefore, some of those that achieved gold will get a different level prize, rather than not win a prize at all.
Unless otherwise stated, all KiddyCharts competitions and giveaways operate under the following terms and conditions (where relevant):
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter , Gleam or alternative third party widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to the KiddyCharts and the Promoter’s mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date. Should the date within the post not be the same as the date in the third party widget due to editorial error; the date on the third party widget takes precedence
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
- Winners will be chosen at random through random.org and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- Winners details will be displayed (in the form of name an an initial) within the Gleam widget on the article announcing the competition. Entry into the competition gives KiddyCharts permission to do this.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- KiddyCharts is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through the third party widget, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
- If there is an error in the third party widget, or one that occurs within third party applications during the course of the competition; this will be rectified as soon as possible. However, these errors are out of control of the competition host and therefore not their responsibility. The giveaway remains valid even if not all entry methods are available due to these software or third party application errors /error messages throughout the competition
- Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that third party widget entry, a new winner will be chosen
- Each third party widget entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified; so don’t cheat!
- Delivery of prizes may take up to 28 days unless otherwise stated within the specific details; please allow this time before querying the dispatch of an item.
- For competitions/giveaways with more than one prize, you will be informed which one you have been chosen for, and there will be no alternatives
- Giveaways with first prizes and runners up prizes; first prize will be randomly drawn first, and any runners up prizes will be drawn sequentially thereafter.
- For giveaways where there is a creative element, e.g. photos, etc then there is only one entry per person per email depending on entry methods
- As already stated, circumstances beyond KiddyCharts control can prevent prizes from arriving or being produced. This includes products that are being crowdfunded, and are not produced in the end. This means the prize is not available and regrettably cannot be fulfilled
Our competitions may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion. This includes: