Christmas – a time of crafting, eating, and fun, fun, fun! To help your Christmas go well with the kids, we have a few ideas for Christmas activities for you. How about this fantastic Christmas stocking craft, complete with a Christmas stocking template for you to download and print out?
Who wouldn’t want to hang this up in the house either on the tree, or make a few in different colours and put them on the mantelpiece or fireplace?
We appreciate there are a few materials needed for this, but we promise it is worth it – don’t you agree that they are super cute?
- Template provided, scroll down to the button below,
- Fuzzy wire,
- Liquid glue,
- Sellotape or Scotch tape,
- Googly eyes,
- Cotton green ball,
- White paper,
- Red colored paper,
- Green colored paper,
- Orange colored paper,
- Light green colored paper, and
- Black colored paper.
How to make your Christmas stocking craft snowman
- Print the template provided and carefully cut the pieces out. In order to print, just scroll down the article to the button a little lower down,
- Paste them in a colored paper according to their colors using a liquid glue and carefully cut them out again. Be careful not to cut yourself. You might want to supervise the kids while you are making this, as we don’t want any burnt fingers before Christmas now do we?
- Using a scotch tape, assemble and attach them together according to their right match.
- After the 3rd step, attach the snowman and socks together using a scotch tape.
- Attach the green cotton ball and remaining cut pieces into your work in step 4
- Prepare a light-colored paper and attach your work in step 5 into it using a liquid glue.
- Carefully cut it out again. Leave some thin spaces of light green to serve as its highlights
- Get a light green fuzzy wire and tie it above the head of the snowman to serve as its hanger and complete!
Your Christmas stocking craft snowman in a sock is now done!
Are you ready to hang it on your door?
Tips for the stocking craft to make it a bit easier
- Be careful when using the scissor and the glue gun,
- Choose the proper materials to achieve the aspired outcome, and
- Let your creativity flow – and your kid’s too!
Download the template for your Christmas stocking craft here
Before you start this craft, you need all the template details for you to be able to cut out, and make it. To download the templates for this Christmas stocking; click on the button below:
We hope you love this. Why not make some different colours, and hang them on the tree?
If you like this Christmas craft – why not check out some of the other ones we have on the site too?
Christmas Ideas for Kids
Looking for fun ideas for Christmas, then do take a look at these thoughts NOW!
Santa nice list certificate: Free and personalised!
Get a FREE personalised Santa nice list certificate for the kids - just as soon as you need it.
5 of the best video Santa messaging services
Thinking of getting a video Santa message for the kids - we've got you covered!
Printable Santa stop here Christmas door hanger
Want to make sure that Santa stop in the right bedrooms - we have a door hanger for you.
Free printable Santa stop here sign
And want to make sure he stops at the right house, then we've got a sign too!
Decorate your own Christmas Tree free printable
We love a good Christmas Tree - this is a lovely printable one that can be decorated.
Alongside the Christmas printables too:
More Christmas printables we know you'll love
Here are some more amazing printables that we have on KiddyCharts that are focused on Christmas fun!
Free Christmas present gift tags
Gift tags for you to print out and add to your presents whenever you want.
Christmas coloring and activities: 25 Christmas Tree themed coloring and activities for your kids #KiddyChartsAdvent
25 amazing activities for the kids to get stuck in to for Christmas - with a tree theme as well!
Christmas games for kids: Christmas tree iSpy
A Christmas tree iSpy game that the children will adore.
Christmas bucket list
What would you like to do this Christmas - we've got LOADS of Christmassy ideas for you to try this year.
Free printable Elf adoption certificate for your Elf on the Shelf
Do you have an Elf - make sure he is REALLY part of the family with this wonderful adoption certificate for him or her!
There are also some other ideas for you to have a go at off site too:
Other Christmas activities on the web for kids
Some other ideas for Christmas activities for kids.
Fine Motor Activity for Kids: Decorate the Felt Christmas Trees
Charming little activity perfect for little hands - decorating a felt Xmas tree.
Christmas STEM Activity for Kids with Magna-Tiles & Jingle Bells
A charming little STEM activity for Christmas. Just excellent for those little hands too.
Nativity Scene Crafts, Activities and Printables for Christmas -
A nice little selection of nativity ideas for Christmas.
If you like what you see, sign up to our newsletter too:
Thanks for visiting us, and see you again soon,