We shared a lovely bat party bag with you last week, but what about pumpkins for Halloween? Whether you are 🎃 or 🦇 we want to have you covered, so here is a simple pumpkin craft for kids with paper for you to do. A bit of pumpkin origami that is, we feel, quite charming.
This might look a little difficult, but it is actually relatively easy with the template we have for you, and a little bit of patience. We do have a video to help here:
And there are step by step instructions for you below as well.
- Colourful origami craft paper, and the templates for cutting out the different items you will need for this craft. Available at the end of the post through the circular image,
- Pencil, and
Pumpkin Craft for Kids Instructions
1. Cut a square from your orange paper
Take an orange craft paper and cut it in a square shape. Or you can take an orange origami craft paper instead, depending on what supplies you have.
1. Fold your square in half precisely
Diagonally fold it in half and create a triangular shape. Make sure the edges match evenly.
2. Open up your square so you have a diagonal crease
Then fold the triangle in half, and open up the food. This will create a crease in the middle.
3. Create a crease in your triangle
Then fold the triangle in half, and open up the fold. This will create a crease in the middle.
4. Fold the corner down into the middle of the triangle
Now take the right corner of the triangle, bring downwards and fold it along with the crease we created in the previous step.
5. Repeat for the left corner
Similarly, fold the left corner of your triangle.
6. Open up your folds, and bring up the tip of the triangle
Open up the corner folds, and bring the upper flap of the triangular paper upwards to the centre. Fold it there.
7. Bring down the right corner again, over the crease
Take the right corner, and fold it back along the crease again.
8. Fold the corner into the pocket
Now, take the corner and fold it inside the little pocket that you made with step 7.
9. Fold the other corner in the same way
Repeat the folds on the other side of your paper, so folding the left corner. Your bookmark is now ready.
10. Turn over and cut to a pumpkin shape
Cut the edges of the bookmark to make them more curved for that pumpkin shape.
11. Add stripes to your pumpkin
Take an orange marker pen, and draw some stripes on the pumpkin.
12. Cut out and colour the embellishments from the template
Now cut out the stem, eyes, nose and mouth of the pumpkin using the template. To get the template, scroll down to the end of the post and click on the circular image.
13. Glue the eyes on
First, glue the pumpkin’s eyes on to the side of the bookmark.
14. Glue the mouth
Then glue the mouth on the bottom part of the pumpkin
15. Add the nose and stalk
Finish it off by gluing the nose and stalk onto the pumpkin.
16. Your pumpkin is completed!
We hope you agree that these are simple the cutest ever – you can decorate the templates in different ways too, to create different effects as you can see.
Download the template by clicking on the circular image here too.
We hope you will love making this. If you need more inspiration for Halloween, do check out the other Halloween Crafts for Kids that we have on the site:
Thanks for stopping by – check out the other ideas available for Halloween pumpkin crafts too, including our pumpkin paper plate!
Do sign up to our newsletter if you like what you see:
Chers for coming over and checking us out.
If you want a step by step card for this – do take a look here too.