Toddlers and preschoolers will love to make this Halloween themed paper plate craft. This is easy to set up and is great for developing fine motor skills through cutting/tearing and sticking the pieces onto the plate. It is also a great activity for children to learn colours as well as shapes (squares for the pumpkin and triangles for the eyes).
To make you will need:
– Paper plate
– Paper (orange, black and green) or alternatively you can use plain paper and paint them using green, orange and black paint
This is how you make it:
1. First prepare the items you’ll need for your child to use: get out the paper plate and cut the black paper into the eyes, nose and mouth of the pumpkin.
2. Now it’s time to cut the orange paper into squares. For younger children you will have to do this for them but for older children they can either tear the paper or use the scissors themselves.
3. Trace an outline of your child’s hand on the green paper and cut it out. Put this aside to use at the end
4. Your child can now use the orange paper to stick onto the paper plate
5. Once the plate is full it’s time to glue the pumpkins face on
6. Finally glue the handprint on the top and once dry it is ready to be hung up
Enjoy making and happy Halloween!
Pop on over and and follow us on our lovely pinterest site. There you can find even more amazing crafts and activities to keep their little ones busy and entertained for hours and hours. And do not forget to sign up for our newsletter too, so you don’t miss out on the other great ideas and freebies that we have for you.