When the autumn season arrives, families everywhere start to look for fun fall activities to do with the family. One of the best family fun activities to enjoy during the autumn season is pumpkin carving. Being able to carve pumpkins into your Halloween creatures such as a bat, a ghost or even a gravestone is one of the best ways to enjoy quality family time together. Today I would like to share 9 pumpkin carving templates for kids after some tips for pumpkin carving with kids. I hope you can have fun with them while carving the pumpkins.
Tips for pumpkin carving with kids
As with any activity that involves sharp objects, it’s best that pumpkin carving is done with adult supervision. You can purchase kid-themed pumpkin carving knives, but supervision is always best suited when enjoying this family fun activity together. If you’re thinking about using KiddyCharts free pumpkin carving printable, then you’ll want to know a few tips for pumpkin carving with kids.
Pick the right pumpkin
The best way to get good results with our free pumpkin carving printable is to pick the right pumpkin. A smooth, light-weight pumpkin will work best to use our pumpkin carving designs.
Use an easy design
KiddyCharts knows we’re not all born as artists, that’s why these free pumpkin carving templates are easy enough for both beginners and advanced pumpkin carving families to use.
No matter how many years you’ve been carving pumpkins with kids, it’s always best to take your time with slow, smooth, and steady movements to carve our template just perfect on your pumpkin.
Skip the real candles
Use battery-operated LED lights instead of traditional tea light candles inside your carved pumpkin. This will reduce the fire risk and give a safe option for your kids to turn on the pumpkin when sunset arrives.
Using our free pumpkin carving printable
Now that you have some safety tips for carving with kids, feel free to download our free pumpkin carving printable. This template provides you with everything you need to carve a simple, yet beautiful pumpkin this autumn season.
Click the square image below to download the pumpkin carving printable
I hope you enjoy the pumpkin carving templates and have fun with your children. Are you looking for more Halloween resources? We have some great ones you need to check out:
- Bingo is an old game that will make everyone excited. We have free Halloween bingo cards to amuse you around the Halloween event,
- Halloween is closely related to the sweets. Here we provide perfect FREE halloween lollipop covers. I am pretty sure that kids will love and feel surprised when they get these,
- Use our Halloween trick or treat boxes: Free A3 or A4 printables to pack sweets,
- These free Halloween photo props or Halloween party decorations will be cool to use in Halloween events,
- Do you need some displays around the your parties? Here are printable Halloween quotes posters too,
- Have fun with kids to create the Halloween paper plate craft, and finally
- Check out these 25 free spooky Halloween printables for the kids to give you even more inspiration.
There are several Halloween resources out there you can pop up after you finish with what we have:
- For your younger learners, Active Littles have Halloween noodles sensory activity bin,
- Check out East TN Family Fun collections of 25 + unique and fantastic Halloween crafts, and
- No Time for Flashcards has great quick and easy Halloween maths game as well.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates from our site
As always it has been a pleasure chatting to you, and we really would like to see you back on the site to see what other goodies we have for you soon.