We have already given you an Halloween advent calendar for you to use to build up the excitement for the big day. However, we know that some people aren’t into the crafting that is required to create the advent, so we have an alternative that you can just choose to print out and GO with: the Halloween countdown chart.
How to use the Halloween countdown
This is the simplest thing ever – we promise!
- Start your countdown on the 19th October,
- There is a character, or coloring in, for every day until you reach the Cauldron and Trick or Treat on the 31st October, when it’s time for HALLOWEEN FUN,
- Print out the sheets, decide whether you want to do a countdown by crossing off or coloring in, and then use that sheet,
- Enjoy your Halloween countdown with KiddyCharts!
Sometimes we know you just want to build up the day, but without too much hassle beforehand, so this countdown to Halloween is a much, much better way of doing this for the kids, and therefore for you.
We have given you both a coloring in version of the Halloween countdown and a cross off version. That means you can up the ante a little with the kids without too much effort.
Show me what the Halloween countdown actually looks like
The first two sheets within the set are the cover, and then the instructions – just to remind you how to do things if you have stepped away from the computer.
We then have two different designs for the coloring-in version, and the crossing-off version. We just thought it would be nice to add a little variety to the countdown for you all.
Just to help you out, we have the following on the colored/crossing-off version:
- 5 black cats with the numbers of 12 down to 8 in the countdown,
- 4 spiders, that include the 7 to 4 days,
- Witches hats for the numbers 1-3, and finally
- A big cauldron for the big day itself – with Trick or Treat on it, or course!
If your kids wanted to – I guess they might like to add spooky stickers over the numbers, or even color them in to help with their countdown, either alongside crossing-off, or doing instead of this?
For the coloring-in version:
- 12 – caulton with a very cute pumpkin and cat,
- 11 – cat in a vampire coat: who knows if they are a vampire cat or not?
- 10 – Cheeky pumpkin,
- 9 – Cat on a broomstick wearing a witches hat,
- 8 – Bat in full flight: we think…,
- 7 – Winking cat with a witches hat on (can you tell we like cats?)
- 6 – Spooky skull: the is the scariest one, we promise,
- 5 – Confused cat with a witches / wizard’s hat on. Probably a wizard as its not moons and stars on it, but it doesn’t matter really, does it,
- 4 – Witch on her broomstick (she finally got it back from the cat),
- 3 – Cat-bat type thing…probably a cat wearing a bat costume we would imagine,
- 2 – Bat hanging upside down from the branch of a spooky tree,
- 1 – Ghost: because it wouldn’t be Halloween without one and for
- 31st October – Another cauldron with Trick or Treat on it!
Lots of fun things to color in, or put Halloween stickers over, or even do both!
We trust that you love this – do try the Halloween Advent Calendar too, if you want to try something different, and grab our cute Halloween coloring book from the shop as well. 51%+ profits to charity!
To download this countdown, just click on the button below and the PDF is yours:
Don’t forget to check out the other Halloween printables and ideas we have on the site too:
Halloween printables on KiddyCharts
We LOVE Halloween - so we have loads of printables for you that work perfectly for this season. Why not take a look at some of them now?
Halloween colouring pages for kids
Our most popular post with loads of free coloring pages for the kids at Halloween, and its FREE!
Free Halloween photo props or Halloween party decorations
Some free photo props for the photo booth at your Halloween party. Loads of fun guaranteed!
Free Halloween bingo cards
Looking for a game to play with the kids, or the school at Halloween, then Bingo is it!
Halloween parade invitation for you or your kid's toys!
An invitation for you to use if you are having a Halloween parade or a party this year.
25 free spooky Halloween printables for the kids
Finally, loads more ideas for printables both on KiddyCharts and elsewhere. Take a look!
Or these on other amazing kids resources sites:
Halloween printables from the internet
Loads more printables for you to check out with a Halloween theme. Hopefully you will find more inspiration for your Halloween seasonal activities here too.
Free Printable Halloween Writing Prompts for Kids
We like to do learning activity related printables on KiddyCharts as well, of course. Here are some writing prompts for the season from Pickle Bums.
Printable Halloween Would You Rather Questions for Kids
We LOVE a spot of "Would you Rather" and this is a fabulous Halloween themed game for you and the kids to play. Thanks Darcy and Brian for putting this one together for us all.
Halloween Paper Chains - Easy Printable Craft for Toddlers
Paper chains are a simple decoration that is so effective - so why not make some for Halloween as well as Christmas? These are perfect from Rainy Day Mum.
Don’t forget we also have our family search engine that lets you look across 500+ already vetted sites for even more Halloween ideas of course as well.
Do come back and see us – we love having you, sign up to our newsletter for more goodies:
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
See you soon,