Are you looking for something to look forward to? Or to help you add something a little special to a New Year’s event, whether it is in person or online? If you are, we might just have the solution for you; New Year countdown cards for you to download and print out today. Even better, they are completely free of charge for you!
We’ve got LOADS of them, covering all the different countdowns that you might want to do to the big day; 1st January, 20xx! You can adapt them depending on the year as well, so it doesn’t matter what year you are trying to celebrate starting, we’ve got the one for you.
What to the New Year countdown cards look like?
We have split the cards into different countdowns for you including:
- By hour
- By the minute, and finally
- By the second.
We will show you how to use the cards in a moment, but first here is a sneak peak at some of them, so you get the idea of what they look like, and if they work for what you need.
The first three pages (above) are the posters for the pack. They provide the front cover, and then two title pages which you can either use as posters for the countdown, or they become the title page if you are using a base for your countdown (see later).
We have given you a black year sheet in the countdown, so that you can create a countdown no matter what the year is as well! We’ve got the current year for you in the pack, but make sure that you download the full version, so that you can change the year as well if you need to.
We then have the relevant sets for the countdown, depending on what you want to do for this. You can have your countdown in the above denominations. We have given you the hours and days cards as examples above.
We also have minutes (counting down in tens), as well as seconds within the 24-page pack.
How to use your countdown cards
We have included an instructions sheet within the pack for you. But in summary:
- The first page (with the year on) needs to be printed on a board, and then you can frame it. Don’t put the glass on the frame of course. Leave it open. Make sure it is printed on a strong background. Why not check out these frames here? Or these bases if you are trying to make this into a desktop calendar? Using this as a desktop calendar is a lovely idea. You might want it on the wall though as part of your party preps – you decide!
- Print all the other countdown pages, you can pick how you do your countdown of course. If you are starting late, don’t worry, just print the pages you need
- Print the rest on bonding page, or some other type of paper that enables you to peel them off each other easily. Perhaps you can try these from Amazon?
- Cut out all the squares from the countdown,
- Fix them on top of each in the right order of course, and
- Put your pad on your frame, or your base, and enjoy counting down the days to New Years Day!
We really hope that you have fun with this countdown. Why not let us know how you are planning on using it?
Now you have seen it, and know how to use it, here you go, click on the button below so you can download it!
If you are looking for other New Year’s activities we have loads on the site, including Free New Year family game of Charades which is a great party game for you all. Why not check it out alongside some of these other ones:
New Year Printables
Take advantage of some of our most popular new year free printables and resources! We wish you a happy new year!
And some more ideas here too:
New Year Ideas from the Internet
Some more activities to do on New Year with the kids from across the web.
10 New Year's Eve Activities for Kids
Some excellent New Years activities ideas from Happiness is Homemade.
Science for New Year - Science for Kids
Science Sparks has some wonderful New Years activities around STEM.
Here is another lovely, but simple firework painting activity to try out for New Year too.
Thanks so much for stopping by. As always, if you like what you see, why not sign up to our newsletter for ALL our article as they happen?
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
Thanks so much for taking the time to sign up to us, and to visit us, and we hope that we see you again soon.