It’s so much fun to look back at what your kids’ favorite things were last year. Perhaps you’d love a way to track your kids’ interests, and thoughts each year. That’s why we developed our annual New Year interview. This adorable printable can be used annually to track your kids’ thoughts and interests each year.
Such a gorgeous thing to do with the kids – start it this year, and then you can do it every year, just to see how the answers change each year. We guarantee (!) that it will be filled with cuteness every single time you do it.
We love finding out how much we change year to year as adults, this concept holds true for kids too. It’s neat to see what your kids wanted to be when they grew up from year to year. It’s also fun to hear what your kids like best and least each year as well.
We bet you’ll learn something new about your kids when you opt into this New Year family tradition. Bring on the annual New Year interview!
What questions should I ask for the annual new year interview?
If you’re wondering what to ask your kids every year for an annual New Year interview, we have you covered.
The following questions are featured on our DIY annual New Year interview printable:
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live?
- What is our favourite color?
- Where do I work?
- How much do you love me?
- Where do you like going the most?
- What is your favourite thing to do?
- What do you like doing the least?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What would you like to learn to do this New Year?
- What is the BEST thing that happened to you this year?
How to do your Interview
- Take a minute to download the printable located below,
- Print the annual New Year interview on paper, or cardstock,
- Be certain to print in a way that your kids can write their answers on this annual New Year interview, or you can do it for them if you do it proper interview style,
- Now that you’ve printed out your annual New Year interview, one per child, it’s time to let your kids answer the questions,
- Grab a pencil or pen and ask each kid the questions. Be sure to interview one kid at a time. Fill out your kids’ answers as they say them to get accurate results,
- Once completed, have each kid read aloud or you can read the younger kid’s answers aloud, to share what each of the kids had for an answer.
As soon as you’re done sharing your kids’ annual New Year interview, it’s time to save it wherever you want. Pop it into a folder, or frame it, depending on how you feel.
Hang onto your kids’ annual New Year interview sheets so that you can look back and read them year after year.
Enjoy finding out what your kids’ likes and dislikes are every time a New Year arrives! Click the square image below to download.
I hope you and kids enjoy doing the annual new year interview. We also have some other new year printables for kids:
- New Year activity: Year in Review FREE printable for kids will help kids to review the past year before they start the new one,
- Help your kids to make a new year resolution with Free printable kids’ new year’s resolution worksheet,
- New Year activities with kids: Free printables pack will keep kids busy and excited, and
- Don’t forget to have fun with Easy firework craft for New Year and beyond as well.
Looking for more new year activities for kids? Visit other sites below to give you more ideas:
- Let’s Play Kids Music has What Will Next Year Bring? Musical New Year’s Game to get a more cheerful celebration,
- Don’t forget to check out this wonderful 3D New Year’s Eve Craft for Kids from I Heart Crafty Things, and
- Get inspired to create your own New Year’s Eve Rice Shaker Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun.
Why don’t you subscribe to our weekly Monday newsletter to get updates from us as well?
Thanks so much for coming to see us as always.