It’s another new year coming soon! We love the start of a new year with the kids, don’t you? It is full of excitement for the year ahead, and wonderful memories of the year just gone. It is a perfect time to reflect with the children on the year that has just been, and we love getting sat down, and doing our Year in Review. It is a great New Year activity that we really think help the kids to look back and learn coming into the New Year.
The printable take the opportunity to do a year in review in three different sections:
- About me; to give you an idea of your child, and how they feel and think, asking things such as:
- Their name, and age,
- Favourite TV programs, and films,
- What they would like to be when they grow up, and who their current hero is. My daughter picked Jessica Ennis, who is a wonderful role model for a ten year old to have.
- Memories of last year, so that you and your kids can look back at their favourite moments from the previous year, and you have a personal record of them too:
- Best thing to happen last year,
- Hardest thing about last year; as it is important for kids to learn from the things that didn’t go quite so well too,
- What your kids learnt to do last year that they are proud of; for example my daughter’s managed a round off in gym!
- Best place visited in the last year; don’t be surprised if it isn’t what you expect here too ;-)
- Looking towards the next year, so you can see what your children are expecting from the next year. Something worth keeping and reflecting on into the future of course:
- What your children would like to learn,
- Where they would like to go, and
- What they are looking forward to the most about next year.
You can’t deny that it’ll be fascinating to see what your children think, and to look back on this from year to year. How different the mind of a three year old is to a ten year old for example?
If you are looking to get organised in 2019, then do download our free 2019 calendar, which you can either print off, or the kids can colour in. A nice set of printables, coupled with this year in review to start your year off in a positive and organised way. We’ve got a few New Year activity ideas on the site as well; so do check them out too. We have a resolution sheet, as well as a little Near Year eBook.
To download it, just click on the image below:
If you would like to check our our other printables on the site, do go take a look at them, and also follow our Pinterest board on them, as well as our Pinterest profile:
Remember to pin for later too, won’t you? Have a fantastic New Year, and I hope you enjoy the look back at your year in review for the previous year with a lot of pleasure too.
If you like this printable, don’t forget to subscribe to our resources as well. We love have you here.
We also have loads of excellent printables on the site, so why not take a look at those too? There really is something for everyone on there.
As always, cheers for visiting.