It is nearly New Years – OK; well sort of. But you know we like to get ahead of ourselves a little on KiddyCharts, so we are helping you with the kids New Years resolution. You might even want to do the kids’ new year’s resolution worksheet with them. There is no harm in getting your own New Years resolution ideas in order is there?
It can be really tough to stick with a New Years resolution. We’ve given your kids (and you) a little bit to think about. We’d like your kids to:
- Aim for something they really WANT to do over the next year,
- Think about what they really NEED to do over the coming 12 months,
- Commit to LEARN a new skill over the next year, or learning how to improve on an existing skill, and finally
- IMPROVE a particular aspect of their life or personality that needs a little bit of work.
SO…look at the four key verbs for the New Year around WANT, NEED, LEARN and IMPROVE. We’ve made it as simple as possible for them to be able to understand, and hopefully you’ll be able to help them out too. For example perhaps:
- They WANT to go to football with Daddy more,
- They NEED to practise their spelling more,
- They are going to commit to learning to ride and bike, and
- They need to improve their indoor voice, and stop shouting at mummy so much.
It’s simple but really effective way of looking at the year ahead.
In order to get this, all you need to do is click on the square image below – and you are there.
In the meantime, why not take a look at some of the other New Years resources we have on the site too, including:
- Complete pack of New Year activities for the kids to really get stuck in to while they are waiting for the big day,
- Some Firework activities that we published around Bonfire Night which are just as much fun in the New Year as well, and
- Some Chinese New Year crafts as well, for a little bit later in the year.
There are lots of other great resources on New Year in the kid blogger community as well, of course, so do check these out as well:
- This is a great craft idea to go along with our activity from Mess for Less, who is suggesting that you frame your New Years resolutions,
- A Dab of Glue Will Do has a lovely book list for the New Year too – so you won’t be stuck for reading ideas for the year,
- A fabulous New Years resolution for you and the family could be getting out and about in nature; Wilder Child has some wonderful suggestions along this theme, and
- How about something for mum? My Joy Filed Life has 40 New Years resolutions for you. Some of them apply to Dads of course too!
Here is the resource from us…
Thanks so much for coming to see us, and we do hope you will sign up to our weekly newsletter so you can hear from us regularly when we release our new articles.
Do come back again soon.