Today we’re featuring a pasta dish for kids. This simple tomato pasta for kids includes a handful of ingredients most of us have to hand in our cupboards. Using the recipe card below you’ll enjoy making this kid-friendly pasta for meal time tonight.
This delicious simple tomato pasta for kids recipe is part of the many recipes you’ll find in My Little Food Critic’s new cookbook titled ‘Authentic Indian Family Food’.
This family-friendly cookbook was created by Shikha Gill as a means to introduce your kids ages 6 months plus to new textures and healthy food options. It features a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; all designed to help your family enjoy using healthier ingredients in kid-friendly meals.
- 1 cup pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- A large handful of spinach or frozen spinach, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh or frozen basil
- 1/4 cup of jarred passata or tinned crushed tomatoes
- A pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup full fat cream cheese or substitute grated cheddar cheese
- A splash of milk
- Following the instructions on the pasta package, cook the pasta completely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add your spinach and basil then cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce into the pan and cook for approximately three minutes.
- Add in the cream cheese and pepper.
- Stir until smooth and creamy, a soup-like texture.
- Add a splash of milk if your sauce gets too thick.
- Drain your pasta and add the sauce, stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 445Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Did you like this recipe? It’s simple enough and sure to become a quick favourite with your kids! If you liked it, why not check out some of the other recipes that we have for children on the site? There are bound to be some recipes that you and your littles are keen on.
If you want more pasta ideas – they do check out these other pasta recipes too.
If you want to har more from us on KiddyCharts, don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter as well.
Thanks so much for coming to see us, and I hope your kids enjoy the recipes as well.