We don’t know about you, but we definitely feel that there is always a need for something hearty on the table when you’ve got a family to feed. Especially when you have a family that enjoys its food! This Spanish chorizo and roast cod with capers and tomato is a really great hearty family meal that is perfect for you and the kids. And even better, it is also a family meal really, really simple to make.
Just LOOK at all those colours, which are enough for the kids to want to gobble it all up at once, don’t you agree? The mix of roast cod and chorizo looks so good and believe when I tell you that it really is. If you are looking for a hearty family meal you simply cannot go wrong with some delicious Spanish chorizo and roast cod, with delicious capers and tomato!
Hearty family meal: Spanish Chorizo and Roast Cod with Capers and Tomato
The marriage of fish with Spanish chorizo brings a flavorful dish to your table with every meal. Enjoy this delightful Spanish Chorizo and roast cod with capers and tomato tonight.
- 4 cod loin fillets (weighing about 150g each)
- 150g Spanish Chorizo del Consorcio, sliced
- 3tbsp Spanish olive oil
- 8 slices French bread or ciabatta
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced in half
- 16-20 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2tbsp capers, drained
- Fresh green vegetables, to serve
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Get your oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius/356 degrees Fahrenheit, fan oven preheated to 160 degrees Celsius/320 degrees Fahrenheit, or Gas mark 4.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into your roasting tin and add your cod fillets, being sure to turn them so that they're coated in olive oil. Sprinkle the Chorizo on top of your cod fillets in your roasting tin. Sprinkle the cod fillets with salt and pepper and then roast your fillets for about 3-4 minutes.
- While your cod fillest are roasting, start arranging your French bread or ciabatta on a baking sheet. Rub your French bread of ciabatta with a cut garlic clove and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Next, you'll place your vine tomatoes on top of your cod fillets and capers around your fillets in the roasting tin. Continue to roast this delicious combination for another 9-10 minutes.
- During step 4 above, you'll want to place your baking sheet in the oven to bake your bread so that it is crisp and brown.
- Cook your vegetables in lightly salted boiling water for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle your fresh flat leaf parsley over the cod fillets, Chorizo, capers, and tomatoes.
- Serve with a side of your garlic bruschetta and the freshly boiled vegetables.
You may use any white fish you prefer, such as haddock, hake or halibut for this Spanish chorizo roasted fish with capers and tomato.
Thank you so much for popping on to see our Spanish chorizo and roast cod meal today. We know that there are many occasions, especially in the colder weather, when you need something tasty, hearty and relatively simple to prepare for the family. We hope we’ve given you all a good option!
We’ve got lots of lovely recipes within our Cook section here on KiddyCharts. So do take a look there if you have time to do so:
And finally, don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter so you never miss out on all that goes on here at Kiddy Charts!
Tuesday 24th of December 2019
This meal is so healthy.. Sounds easy to prepare, I will try this sometime, thanks..!
Sunday 22nd of December 2019
Wow. This meal looks delicious and very healthy perfect serving for breakfast I would love to make this at home :) I will save this post!
Sunday 22nd of December 2019
Oh my goodness, this is such a colorful and healthy meal to prepare for my family, looks delicious!
Saturday 21st of December 2019
This looks yummy and easy to make. The plate is so colorful with the vegetables. I love bread, I can basically eat bread every day and be happy so anything with bread is fantastic.