There are many kind of sandwiches, meet sandwiches are most common. But have you ever tried cookie sandwiches? This is one of the simplest recipes out there and the result is very tasty and sweet cookie sandwiches that everybody will enjoy eating.
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 150 g butter softened
- 70 g light brown sugar
- 70 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225 g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 1 avocado mashed well
- FOR THE DOUBLE DECKER COOKIE DOUGH FORSTING:
- 115 g butter softened
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 50 ml milk
- 1 Double Decker
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and then preheat oven to 170 degrees C (150 degrees fan).
- For the cookies, in a stand mixer on medium-high speed or with a hand held mixer cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy and light.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in 2/3 of the chocolate chops.
- Model a teaspoon of dough into a ball (approx. 40 balls of 5g each) and position on baking sheet with two inch gaps between each. Bake for 7min till crisp and golden around the edges and still light in the middle. Leave to cool altogether.
- For the frosting, beat together the the butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy. Tip on flour, vanilla and salt and whip on medium speed. Add in the milk and chopped Double Decker pieces and beat on medium till well combined.
- Prepare a piping bag with a 1cm round nozzle and fill with the frosting. Line a small dollop on the flat side of half of the cookies and sandwich with the other cookies.
Do take a minute to check our yummy Pinterest board, there are plenty of easy and delicious recipes for you!