Staying calm with your children is something that is close to my heart and I am sure to other parents watching this hangout. Trying to stay calm when caught in middle of tantrum or a cross child that is shouting can be very difficult and quite often we can find ourselves shouting at them and not with them.
In our hangout today, I discuss with Beckie Whitehouse of BeConfident.org ways of dealing with your angered child, how to recognise when trouble might be brewing and steps on trying to dissolve the situation.
Other topics covered are:
- Advice on how to stop the anger in you brewing
- Taking yourself out of situation
- Talking to your child about how to control their anger
- Heading off the situation before it gets too far
Other topics that you may find of interest are:
- Anger – spotting the triggers
- What do your kids do that scare you?
- Children arguing – how to deal with answering back
Do you have any other tips on staying calm when your child is having a tantrum or brewing up to one. Please do share them with us in our comments.
Photo credit: chrisroll / freedigitalphotos.net