The BEST thing about these friendship cards for you to give out to, guess what, your friends (!) is that they are so good they work for both kids and adults. We have made sure that the colours and phrases used on them are subtle, but effective. That means that adults, and children alike will love the sentiment.
So, go on, give one of our friendship cards to someone that means something to you today. Make their day.
How to use friendship cards
It very much depends on what you want to do, how you might want to use these cards, but here are some ideas for you, both for adults and for kids. Hopefully, these thoughts will help you bring a smile to someone you loves face:
- For adults:
- Send one in the post, after printing out on the front of one of the blank postcards that you can easily buy on Amazon,
- Give one to a friend when you next go out with them – secretly popping in their handbag, pocket, anywhere subtle that they can find when they get home,
- Put one anywhere you want for anyone to find to make them feel special, alternatively, use one of our bear hug coupon cards alternatively, and
- Pop them in a gift and hand them to a friend whenever you want to, but particularly on International Friendship Day (30th July).
- For kids:
- Hand them out at school to those that make you feel good, and that you can talk to about your feelings; these people are friends you need,
- Give them to the new kids at school to help them to know that you are there for them – it’s tough to be the new kid, do you remember?
- Take them into school on your first day, and use them to help to make friends yourself. How about giving one to one of the children that looks like they need a friend the most. Perhaps they are sitting on their own? Maybe they look shy? Reach out and be kind?
- Put them in your gifts to kids, or perhaps even to your parents – maybe they are great friends too?
We can imagine that you have loads of other ideas for ways to use this friendship cards; why not let us know? Don’t forget to check out our shop too, for other ideas for entertaining the kids.
What do the friendship cards look like
We have a cover sheet within these set of three pages, alongside the two sheets which include four friendship postcards each:
The two sheets have four phrases on each of them:
- Friends are the siblings we never had,
- I’m blessed to have a friend like you,
- The best cure for a bad day is a good friend,
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul,
- Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud,
- Best friends make the good times better, and the hard times easier,
- Hello friend, and
- I am thankful, you are a great friend.
As you can see, some of these work for first time meetings, as well as long term and best friends. Take your pick, depending on what it is that you want them for.
To download the cards, just click on the button below:
We really trust you like this resource, if you do, why not sign up for our newsletter to get our articles as they are released:
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
If you are looking for more resources focused on friendship and kindness, take a look at these on the site:
Other friendship and kindness resources on KiddyCharts
We have a few resources covering kindness and friendship on KiddyCharts. Why not check them out now:
World Kindness Day: Free printable kindness bookmarks #WorldKindnessDay
Kindness bookmarks for you to give to your kids to encourage reading.
Friendship mindful activity for kids: Friends who lift my spirits most
Looking at who are those around you that lift your spirits most is the way we find out who are real friends are.
How to encourage your children to be a good friend
This is a great article to help children to be the best friend they can be.
How to help your children when their friends move house
A lovely article to help kids whose friends have moved.
If you are looking for other ideas, here are some more off site too:
Friendship ideas from the internet
There are loads of ideas for the kids here around friendship, from books to activities and advice.
A lovely activity for kids to write friendship letters, that helps with loads of different skills, including motor and name recognition, as well as literacy of course.
Books That Help Children Learn About Friendship
The Friendship Maze – a guide to helping kids with their friendships
Friendship is a minefield for our little ones - so here is a maze to help your kids to navigate those friendships, and to understand them a little more. Something we could all do with, even us adults, from time to time!
We trust you like the site, and we hope that you will be back with us again soon.