Kindness is SUCH an important skill to teach out kids, which is why World Kindness Day is such a fabulous day to celebrate within the calendar. Why not check it out?
We have put KiddyCharts at the forefront of promoting kindness over the last year, so it made sense for us to produce something special for you all in the run up to it this year; 13th November, 2018 is World Kindness Day, but why don’t we have a little reminder of being kind a little more than just one day a year?
If your kids are anything like mine, then they love to read. Reading is to be encouraged from an early age, so why not print out these fantastic bookmarks to be used alongside and encourage kindness?
We have chosen some lovely ideas around Kindness to be printed on the bookmarks to get your kids to think around the concept as they make sure they don’t lose their place in their books. We have four designs:
“Whereever there is a human being there is an opportunity for a kindness”
“You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force”
“Remember there is no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end”
“Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.”
We think the designs are super cute as always, and the kindness message even more so.
Print them out for World Kindness Day and beyond now, go on! All you need to do is click on the square picture below.
If you like this kindness resource, we do have MASSES on the site, as it is a focus for ourselves now. How about:
- Our Kindness tree; print it out, and pass it on to someone special, or pop the leaves out and about to give people a little boost,
- Give someone a special hug that needs one with our hug coupons,
- If you aren’t sure what random acts of kindness you can focus on next week, why not try one of the 100 random acts of kindness ideas we have?
- We have thank you cards too, both ordinary ones, and Christmas Thank You letters as well to Santa. These come in black and white so the kids can colour them in, as well as in colour, and finally
- Why not a advent for Christmas, with a twist. We have a kindness advent calendar.
Our kindness resources are legendary!
There are other resources out there that you might like to take a look at too around kindness, and book. Perhaps you might want to visit these as well?
- Fireflies and Mudpies has a perfect list for you to put your bookmarks in! 40 books to encourage kindness in your kids,
- Coffee Cups and Crayons has got a few books that talk about acts of kindness too, and
- Educators Spin on It, had managed to combine the love of books and kindness into a wonderful challenge for kids. Do check it out.
We trust that will keep you well and truly busy for World Kindness Day well beyond the day itself. We want to encourage our #52KindWeeks of kindness, so it isn’t just about today, its about a state of mind!
Thanks for visiting us, and if you like the site, do sign up for our articles – we send them out weekly.
Wednesday 21st of November 2018
I love when people express kindness and enjoy doing that. Actually, everyone brave enough would enjoy kindness. Notes are lovely!
Saturday 17th of November 2018
These are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing :)
Maartje van Sandwijk
Monday 12th of November 2018
I collect bookmarks and these are going to be a great addition to my collection :)
Sunday 11th of November 2018
Awe the quotes on the bookmarks are super fun, and a great thing to remember every time you open a book!
Sunday 11th of November 2018
I think kindness reminders are a great idea! It is one thing I truly like to focus on.