It is THAT time of year again; we are coming up to Christmas and Thanksgiving, and everyone is going to have got far too much Turkey. We are all going to need to know what to DO with all those turkey leftovers; and as always, we are nothing but helpful here on KiddyCharts. We have looked for some great ideas for you for your Turkey leftovers, so that you don’t get fed up of the site of it by the time the year ends.
Why not have a go at some of these wonderful recipes?
- The Gingerbread House has some rather gorgeous pastry squares with chestnut, and kalettes; perfect for turkey leftovers. Sumptuous looking,
- If you have the carcass left, why not make your own simple turkey stock with this recipe from Kitchen Counter Chronicle,
- Here is a one pot meal for turkey leftovers – perfectly simple and tasty for both Thanksgiving and Christmas from Adventures in Mommydom,
- Turkey and biscuits – don’t scoff, go over and take a look at the recipe on Encouraging Mums at Home,
- If you are watching the waist-line; how about this recipe idea for Weight Watchers from Slap Dash Mom. Turkey chilli is an excellent way to use your leftovers,
- Slap Dash Mom also has a lovely turkey grilled sandwich as well, so she must have been busy with the turkey over the years…!
- Tacos are a wonderful way to get messy, and have a bit of fun with turkey leftovers, and The Soccer Mom Blog as a great recipe for you,
- Wondermom Wannabee has a lovely idea for a turkey noodle casserole; another twist on the turkey for you to try,
- Eats Amazing has a glorious alternative to traditional turkey and cranberry with some festive bagels to die for. Bet the kids will LOVE these,
- Sixth Bloom has an amazing Gumbo recipe for us all,
- Playing with food shouldn’t be encouraged unless its Eats Amazing again, and why not try these Rudolph & reindeer roll ups,
- The Typical Mom claims to have come up with a recipe that everyone will love; turkey pockets, so why not have a look?
- Mom Dot has a spot of turkey pasta for us to make with our turkey leftovers; who doesn’t love a bit of pasta?
- We love the slow cooker, and Sunshine and Hurricanes recipe for turkey and ham works well in there, and finally
- How about something barbecued for a change after Christmas or Thanksgiving? There’s Just One Mummy has a great recipe for you if this is something you are a bit partial to.
If you haven’t started salivating after all that – you are DEAD inside!
We really hope that you have enjoyed this post and these ideas. If you do, then do come along and sign up to our site for more great ideas and printables for the family and kids.
We only send the newsletter out weekly, but there is a daily option if you don’t want to miss out.
As always, it is great to see you on here. Have a fabulous time,