It didn’t start well – at all. There were tears and tantrums from Stuntboy as something didn’t quite do what it was supposed to.
But it got even more pants from then.
So here, in five easy steps is what not to do on the school run before an important meeting that you can’t be late for.
I assure you I am an expert at this…
1. Don’t try craft before breakfast
We don’t get on; craft and I. But that’s for another post. Suffice to say, glitter and toast don’t go together.
2. Don’t pick the morning you do to then give in to the kids and let them butter their own toast
See previous comment – had to buy more margarine after the carnage…
3. Don’t attempt to prepare for a meeting while negotiating the highly controversial treaty; “who will have the reindeer cup for breakfast”
Every morning, its the same, but combined with craft chaos, and me trying to use my business head at the same time, my negotiating skills were appalling and it all took far too long to sort out…oops *mummy fail*
4. Don’t stubbornly refuse to use de-icer to remove solid ice from your car
I think that perhaps sometimes I am bloody-minded just for the sake of it, but I simply wouldn’t go and get the de-icer from the boot. I was determined that “I didn’t need it”, so spent far too long hacking my car out of the ice. Why? Probably the same reason my daughter refused to back down about having the reindeer cup I imagine….
5. Don’t stay and listen to your child’s assembly with your car lights still on
Clearly, I wasn’t able to listen to the alarm that was telling me my lights were on when I dropped the kids off. Too much other stuff to think about. My brain screaming “we are going to be late” drowned out the sound of it. Didn’t drown out the shouting when I returned to my car though.
Its down to the kindness of others that I managed to get to the meeting on time, but suffice to say it was a minor miracle; and inspiration for another post another time.
Anyone else have any tips for the school run? Anything I can do to improve it much appreciated!