This is a gorgeous, and super simple Christmas tree craft for you; a paper cup Christmas tree. If we can make it – anyone can!
This is such an easy idea, and perfect for parents to make at home with the kids, or a whole class to make to take home as a fun decoration.
As always, we’ve given you a heads up around what you need for this Christmas tree craft to make it work for you all:
- Paper cup,
- Red felt paper,
- Yellow foam sheet,
- Red ribbon,
- Green acrylic paint/paintbrush,
- Glue gun/glue, and
Make sure you have the right colours, so you get the right effect for your paper cup Christmas tree!
How to make your paper cup Christmas tree craft
- Paint the paper cup green and let it dry. Depending on how rustic you want the tree to look, you might need two or even three coats for this, so do allow time for this when you are making it. We have gone for a more rustic look, so only one coat; but its entirely up to you what works best in your home, or even with your kids!
- Cut a star from the yellow foam sheet and attach it at the top of the paper cup. As you can see, the Christmas tree is already taking shape, even though we have only done two of the steps! We did promise it was really easy to make, didn’t we?….
- Wrap the ribbon around the paper cup – twist it around and around so it looks like red tinsel running up to the star at the top of the tree. This is the hardest part of the craft, and can get a little fiddly, particularly for younger children. Have patience though, as adding this ribbon really does set off the Christmas tree craft well.
- Cut a few tiny circles from the red felt paper and yellow foam sheet and add them into the paper plate to complete your Christmas Tree Paper Cup, a very easy-peasy craft!
Isn’t it just the cutest?
We know you are going to love making this Christmas tree craft, but we do also have loads of other Christmas activities and ideas on the site, so please do check them out. In fact, we have Christmas Tree ideas to die for including a huge paper Christmas tree to colour in from our shop that we promise will keep the kids busy for days.
Here are a selection of our favourite ideas for you:
We are actually FAMOUS for our advent crafts and ideas, both on the free site and in the shop – so do check these out as well:
believe it or not, we do love other ideas and activities too, from wider than our site, so we have collected a couple of Christmas tree craft activities for you offsite. Why not check these out as well?
We are always publishing amazing (!) content on the site, so do sign up to our newsletter for everything we have. We have a weekly version:
As well as a newsletter where we try and send you what we have when it gets published – though sometimes we struggle with this as we get so busy!
We really do hope you like the site, and this paper cup Christmas tree craft – come and see us again soon if you do. We love to have you. Why not share this idea or our site with friends as well?