This is a gorgeous, and super simple Christmas tree craft for you; a paper cup Christmas tree. If we can make it – anyone can!
This is such an easy idea, and perfect for parents to make at home with the kids, or a whole class to make to take home as a fun decoration.
As always, we’ve given you a heads up around what you need for this Christmas tree craft to make it work for you all:
- Paper cup,
- Red felt paper,
- Yellow foam sheet,
- Red ribbon,
- Green acrylic paint/paintbrush,
- Glue gun/glue, and
Make sure you have the right colours, so you get the right effect for your paper cup Christmas tree!
How to make your paper cup Christmas tree craft
- Paint the paper cup green and let it dry. Depending on how rustic you want the tree to look, you might need two or even three coats for this, so do allow time for this when you are making it. We have gone for a more rustic look, so only one coat; but its entirely up to you what works best in your home, or even with your kids!
- Cut a star from the yellow foam sheet and attach it at the top of the paper cup. As you can see, the Christmas tree is already taking shape, even though we have only done two of the steps! We did promise it was really easy to make, didn’t we?….
- Wrap the ribbon around the paper cup – twist it around and around so it looks like red tinsel running up to the star at the top of the tree. This is the hardest part of the craft, and can get a little fiddly, particularly for younger children. Have patience though, as adding this ribbon really does set off the Christmas tree craft well.
- Cut a few tiny circles from the red felt paper and yellow foam sheet and add them into the paper plate to complete your Christmas Tree Paper Cup, a very easy-peasy craft!
Isn’t it just the cutest?
We know you are going to love making this Christmas tree craft, but we do also have loads of other Christmas activities and ideas on the site, so please do check them out. In fact, we have Christmas Tree ideas to die for including a huge paper Christmas tree to colour in from our shop that we promise will keep the kids busy for days.
Here are a selection of our favourite ideas for you:
Christmas Tree and other Christmas activity on KiddyCharts
We do have a few other Christmas Tree crafts and ideas for kids, so why not take a look as these as well?
Decorate your own Christmas Tree free printable
This is our FAVOURITE Christmas Tree craft on the site, aside from this one of course. Create your own little paper Christmas Tree, complete with baubles for you to colour in.
Christmas tree coloring for adults and kids
Some Christmas Tree colouring for you and the kids to enjoy today. An opportunity to be mindful and have fun with your kids.
Simple Christmas Tree craft
This is a lovely little craft for younger children with a Christmas Tree; simple and really good for dexterity as well.
10 fun Christmas Tree crafts for kids
If you STILL need more ideas, we have ten excellent ones here from a guest blogger on the site.
Making easy sew candy cane crafts for your Christmas tree
Finally, a little sewing challenge for little hands - a candy cane decoration for the tree. Easy, but really lovely.
We are actually FAMOUS for our advent crafts and ideas, both on the free site and in the shop – so do check these out as well:
Other advent calendar ideas on KiddyCharts
We have LOADS of advent calendar ideas on KiddyCharts because we LOVE them. Why not check out some of these thoughts for printable advents to complement these toy advent calendars.
Advent calendar craft for kids: Free days until Christmas activity
Thi is a simple but gorgeous Christmas craft for you to countdown Christmas. Why not make this as well as checking out the above ideas?
Christmas Random Acts of Kindness advent calendar for the kids (and you!) #52KindWeeks #KindnessDay
Kindness is everything at Christmas, so here is a Kindness Advent for Christmas.
Printable Christmas countdown calendar: Includes positive mantras, editable and giant calendars!
A positive mantras Christmas countdown, alongside details of our fantastic giant Christmas tree advent!
believe it or not, we do love other ideas and activities too, from wider than our site, so we have collected a couple of Christmas tree craft activities for you offsite. Why not check these out as well?
Christmas Tree activities from around the web
How to Make Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees To Decorate Your Home
These are just SO CUTE - gorgeous little pipe cleaner Christmas Trees that your kids ill absolutely adore.
Easy Cucumber Christmas Trees - Healthy Christmas Party Food for Kids
This is SUCH a cool, and easy idea. Christmas Trees from cucumber and carrots. Healthy as well; what is NOT to like!
Fingerprint Christmas Tree - Salt Dough Ornament Recipe
I LOVE salt dough for kids, and these are just the cutest little trees using salt dough and finger prints. Why not have a go at creating ornaments for the tree this year with the kids?
We are always publishing amazing (!) content on the site, so do sign up to our newsletter for everything we have. We have a weekly version:
As well as a newsletter where we try and send you what we have when it gets published – though sometimes we struggle with this as we get so busy!
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
We really do hope you like the site, and this paper cup Christmas tree craft – come and see us again soon if you do. We love to have you. Why not share this idea or our site with friends as well?