Welcome to another parenting tales from the sofa, together again with Beckie Whitehouse of Be Confident Coaching. This week we are talking about new starts and change and offer some recommendations on how to help children with change; from ways that they are affected to helping them prepare for new starts.
Why is it important to address change
Any change can affect your child from starting a new school, moving house, joining a new class when changing year group or even a new baby coming into the family. Listening to their feelings and being there to answer their questions is all a part of helping them overcome any ill feelings about the change.
During our discussion we cover the following topics:
- how we can prepare our kids in the lead up to the impending change
- how you can help your child understand the change
- recommendations on teaching your child that change can be a good thing
Our video is less than 5 minutes long. This makes this video, and the rest in the series the perfect way to have a little break and learn something new.
If you are looking for more of our Parenting Tales from the Sofa series check these posts and videos out:
- Parenting Tales from the Sofa: your aggressive child.
- In this one we discuss teasing at school.
- Does your child deal with anxiety? Worth checking this out.
If you are looking for more parenting tips then these posts are great reads and will be of help:
- A Mum Far From Home can help you with pointers on how to prepare your children for another baby
- Jen, at Mum in the Madhouse tackles the subject of moving house
- If you’re a homeschooling parent Homeschool Creations talks about homeschooling while moving house
Has your child had to cope with any changes recently? How do you help you children with change?
Sign up for our FREE newsletter and get parenting tips straight to your inbox.
Thanks for stopping by and having a read. See you in the next post!