So, we KNOW that some people like to go with the flow with their little ones and their home learning; and that’s OK. But we also know from our readers that those of you that homeschool do like to have a schedule as well, to help provide structure to the day. This kids schedule template is perfect for both the holidays, and homeschoolers. For parents trying to plan the holidays, it will stop that holiday slump. For homeschoolers, it will help make that day a little easier to organise.
We have organised the kids schedule template into hourly blocks starting at 8am, but that could be 7-8am and then the next section is 8-9am and so on. There is a certain amount of flexibility with how you interpret this. If you want something a little more flexible, you can also take a look at our homeschool timetable as well, for more details. We do have a work from home schedule that can work for homeschooling too, so there is plenty on the site to choose from.
What does the kids schedule template look like?
We have, as always, done the schedule within our branded colours, but we have also included for you:
- A coloured version which is bland for you to add in your own activities, and
- A blank black and white version for you, in case you are struggling with the colours and your printer capabilities, or costs.
The routine we have for children in the kids schedule template includes:
- 8am: Wake up, breakfast and get dressed,
- 9am: Outdoor activities and exercise,
- 10am: Learning activities,
- 11am: Arts and crafts,
- 12pm: Lunchtime and clean up chores,
- 1pm: Reading and nap time (depending on the age of the child),
- 2pm: Screentime games, and shows
- 3pm: Snack time,
- 4pm: Outdoor games and activities,
- 5pm: Dinner time and free time,
- 6pm: Shower, personal hygiene and routine, and
- 7pm: Story time and bedtime.
We have tried to incorporate lots of movement within the day to help get the kids moving so their minds are more open to the learning later in the day. In addition, this will help to make them more tired as they approach their bedtime too.
If you want to download the document, then you need to click on the button below, and all three of the sheets are available as a PDF:
As we have explained, we also have loads of other organisation, planner, and calendar ideas on the site, so feel free to explore our planner and organisation printables. We also have a number of paid planners for you to take a look at too. Here are a selection of some of those activities and ideas from the site:
We also have some great homeschool resources too:
There are a number of other resources available offsite with planners too:
if you like what you see, do sign up to our newsletter for more information:
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
We hope that we see you again soon on the site, and if there is anything you would like to see on here, and cannot find, just contact us.