We have an absolute treat for you today; some great printables for you to get your kids imaginations running wild. We have some finger puppets for you to print out, complete with backgrounds to be able to put on a bit of a show! There fingers puppets are perfect for pretend play fun at home and in school.
We have seven different backdrops for you and the kids to use with the finger puppets:
- Prairie, and
There are so many different finger puppets that we cannot really list them all here; 40 of them in fact. Here are a few examples, but they all fit well into the backgrounds that we have. With 40 of them, there are definitely some that work with each of the scenes that we have provided for you. Check out the pictures, and click on the square picture below to download the backdrops and the finger puppets. We are pretty sure that all of this will give your kids some amazing imaginative adventures!
Finger puppets include:
- Boy in a baseball cap,
- Princess, and
There are FORTY FINGER PUPPETS in total, as well as three blank ones for your kids to design their own puppets. All you need to do to download them – click on the image below. There are 33 pages here, so make sure the printer is ready to go. It is well worth it though, as there is so much real value pretend play time for the kids here. There are plenty of resources here for the classroom as well, so many finger puppets, and scenes to encourage pretend play in the kids.
How to make your pretend play finger puppets and backdrops work
To get this all to work, you need to print out the sheets of the puppets, and cut out each of the designs. You can then bend around the tabs to fit to your finger, and stick them together.
For the backdrops, stick down as requested on each of the sheets, and you should have a nice big background to use with the puppets.
What will your kids imagine today?
We do feel that using and nurturing your child’s imagination is massively important here on KiddyCharts of course. From inspiring a love of reading, to encouraging open ended play in your kids by providing lots of different ways for them to explore the world around them. Why not check out some of the other ideas we have on the site?
- Reading list for four year olds, to get them into reading early on and fire that imagination,
- 5 kids bedroom ideas to inspire their imaginations,
- Homeschool activities: Create your own adventure TODAY with Myra Makes which encourages your kids to make up their own adventures with the characters provided,
- Inspire the kids imagine with a little bit of Bigfoot seek and find as the famous Yeti goes on vacation, and
- Some all season Forest School activities, and mud faces and magic wand activities too which are great for inspiring the kids outdoors.
Pretend play is so important within child development, so here are some other ideas for you and your kids to explore:
- 10 ways to enrich pretend play from One Time Through,
- Gorgeous pretend play garden from Pre-K pages,
- Some general tips for parents to help you embrace pretend play in your children from Childhood 101,
- Fabulous vet’s office for a lot of pretend play and imaginative fun from Mess for Less, and
- Collection of pretend play ideas from Buggy and Buddy and are inspired by outdoors and nature play.
So much to do to get those kids pretend playing today! We hope you like all these ideas, and do sign up to our weekly newsletter as well for even more inspiration.
As always, we love having you here; see you again very soon. We do hope that you manage to use these finger puppets with your kids in lots of imaginative and creative ways to make pretend play loads of fun in your house.