We LOVE dinosaurs on KiddyCharts. We’ve got loads of fabulous ideas for dinosaur fans out there. We have dinosaur color game printable for you, and recommendations for dinosaur toys to get you in the mood as well 😂 Dinosaurs are so fabulous for kids – something they can learn about, and have fun with at home, and in school. This game is focused on coloring matching, but dinosaurs are awesome generally. We think dinosaur play is a must for everyone. Why?
Well…dinosaur play is a great way for kids to learn and grow. It’s fun, engaging, and educational, and it can help kids develop a variety of important skills, from learning about science, to imagination and creativity. So if your child loves dinosaurs, be sure to encourage them to play with dinosaur toys, and download dinosaur activity ideas, like this one, which have a fabulous and fun dinosaur theme to them!
This is a collaborative post.
What is so great about dinosaur play?
Yes, we ALL love a dinosaur, but what is it about dinosaurs in particularly make them a great choice for kids both in terms of toys, and engaging learning activities like this dinosaur color game that we have created for you.
Here are some of our thoughts around dinosaur play:
- They are exciting and engaging: Kids love learning about these prehistoric creatures, and they can get lost for hours in their imaginations when they’re playing with dinosaur toys and activities,
- They help kids develop their fine motor skills: Manipulating small dinosaur figures or assembling dinosaur models can help improve hand-eye coordination, dexterity, and finger strength,
- Dinosaur play can help kids learn about science: Kids can learn about different dinosaur species, their habitats, and their diets when they play with dinosaur toys and games like this. Who doesn’t love learning about Tyrannosaurus Rex, for example. They can also learn about the history of the Earth and the extinction of the dinosaurs. Don’t forget the famous Natural History Museum in London’s awesome dinosaur gallery. If you are every coming to London, then do try and visit,
- Dinosaur play can help kids develop their creativity: Kids can use their imaginations to create their own dinosaur stories, games, and worlds. They can also use dinosaur toys to build their own dinosaur models or dioramas as well,
- Dinosaur play can help kids develop their social skills. Kids can play with dinosaur toys together, which can help them learn how to share, take turns, and cooperate. They can also learn how to resolve conflicts and negotiate. This is, of course, something that is true for a lot of toys, but most kids love a dinosaur, so it is a great toy / game to share.
Show me the dinosaur color game now
We know you like to see what you are downloading before you do – so let’s take a look at the dinosaur color game that we are sharing with you today.
This is such a simple game to play with the kids, and so helpful for them to learn both colors, and matching skills. All you need to do is:
- Cut out the dinosaurs,
- Cut out the eggs, and
- Match up the eggs and the dinosaurs together. The dinosaurs are, of course, hatched from their color matched eggs.
This is such a simple dinosaur color game that anyone can have a go.
If you would like to make it a little more fun, or a bit more varied and suitable for older children, they can make their own dinosaurs, and eggs as well with the pack!
We have two pages of blank cards for kids to add their own dinosaurs, and then they can color in the matching eggs too! Such a lot of fun, and great for encouraging problem solving, matching, imagination, and fine motor skills as well.
That’s enough chatter, right – here is the actually printable game for you. We do hope that you like it:
If you like this article and printable game – do sign up for our newsletter as we’d love to see you again:
We do have a few other dinosaur activities on the site – so why not take a look at these here?
Dinosaur ideas on KiddyCharts
We love all things dinosaur on our site, so why not take a look at our dinosaur ideas and activities.
Free Dinosaur Coloring Pages: Let the T-Rex in you out!
This is a really simple colouring page for you - a Tyrannosaurus Rex though, so what's not to like, right!
Dinosaur activities: Edible DIY dinosaur dig to try with your toddler! #31daysofactivities
Now this is a fabulous idea - and edible dinosaur dig for any budding archiologists out there. Why not give it a try?
Dinosaur activity sheets
This is a wonderful activity pack for all those dinosaur fans out there. Lots of fun and free ideas for learning with a dinosaur theme.
Free Printable Dinosaurs Coloring Sheets
Finally, we have my favourite activity of them all - colouring for kids and adults. A simple, and a slightly more complicated dinosaur image for you to colour in together.
We do have some other ideas as well from different sites too:
Dinosaur ideas from around the web
Do check out some of our other recommendations for dinosaur fun from off the KiddyCharts site.
Games to Play with Toy Dinosaurs
Games to play with toy dinosaurs. Fun ways to learn and play on a dinosaur topic
Dinosuars are coming teach kids Chinese Miss Panda Chinese
Dinosaurs are coming! The kids are excited. They were thrilled when they saw me taking out my "precious" collection.
Is Walking With Dinosaurs Scary?
We were asked "Is Walking With Dinosaurs Scary?" My son says "NO WAY!!" but here are some things to consider for your family.
Thanks as always for visiting, and don’t forget to share our ideas with everyone else, and visit us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter too, if you have the time!