In this week’s Google Hangout we are discussing the emotional subject of parents getting a divorce. Together with Beckie Whitehouse of Be Confident Coaching, we look at the practical process to help your kids through divorce.
Whilst we fully recognise that divorce will never be simple and there are many things to worry about, we focus on the practical aspects of divorce and how to help you keep things stable for your children.
In our discussion we include:
- trying to keep normal routines
- involving both parents in activities
- explaining to the children about the practicalities
- arranging split time with each parent
- helping your child if access to one parent is more limited
Think of our videos as short and digestible nuggets of wisdom from one mum to another. We hope this video can assist you to help your kids through divorce and would love your feedback in the comments section.
Divorce is never an easy subject to discuss but there is a lot of information on the internet that can help you through it. These posts from our site also discuss the topic:
- Our preparing kids for separation or divorce post has useful and practical information
- Help ease your kids stress and worries with our free worry tree printable
- Focus on your kids health with our complete list of resources
Read through these posts to find more information to help you through this difficult time:
- Life at the Zoo has a good article on divorce
- Sometimes it’s easier to help our kids through books. Check out this list of books on divorce.
- Confessions on Parenting has a section of posts dedicated to the topic of divorce
Have you recently been through a divorce? How did your children handle it? Do you have any advice to help other parents?
Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope to have you around for the next post and our next video.
Image source: freedigitalphotos.net / David Castillo Dominici