This easy vegan kids meal will help your child develop a love of healthy foods. The flavorful blend of seasonings, chickpeas, hummus, and other ingredients will taste so good that your kids won’t even know it’s healthy for them. Perfect for lunch or even a light dinner this buffalo chickpea wrap recipe is a must try!
This easy vegan kids meal is being featured with permission from Tasty Vegan. Tasty Vegan is a new cookbook that features recipes that help everyone explore the health benefits of a plant-based diet.
The number one mission of Tasty Vegan is to inspire more families to have fun with plant-based foods. With 75 recipes that include breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas, you’ll start to appreciate plant-based foods, and your kids will too!
Now that you’ve learned more about Tasty Vegan, why not test out this easy vegan kids meal, buffalo chickpea wrap today! I’m confident that you’ll enjoy it so much that you’ll see why this new cookbook is a must-have for your household.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15oz chickpeas (425g), 1 can
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce (75g)
- ⅓ cup hummus (45g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large tortillas
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chickpeas and cook until lightly browned about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and buffalo sauce and cook for 2 more minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Set aside when the sauce is thick and chickpeas have browned.
- Combine the hummus, lemon juice, and water in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup whisk thoroughly.
- Assemble the wrap by topping a tortilla with romaine, chickpeas, tomatoes and red onion.
- Pour the dressing on and fold in the sides of the wrap. Roll it up like a burrito.
- Cut in half and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 726Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1253mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 28gSugar: 18gProtein: 32g
If you liked this vegan buffalo chickpea wrap recipe then you may also like these posts from our site –
As well as these posts from around the web –
As always, thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more delicious recipes.
See you for the next recipe!