Are you tired of having cookbooks that you never use? Perhaps you have a few cookbooks with just one or two recipes inside that help spark a family-friendly meal or treat. If you’re tired of having cookbooks where you only use a few recipes, then you’re going to adore this new cookbook from MyTastyCookbook. And better yet, if you like chocolate this vegan chocolate cake recipe is just what you need!
More about the Tasty Cookbook
You get to personalize this amazing cookbook to remove ingredients you don’t want and include recipes you know you’ll make. The Tasty Vegan Cookbook allows you to choose from 75 wholesome plant-based meals that you can personalize to create a fully personalized family recipe cookbook.
You don’t have to be a full-time vegan to enjoy the recipes. The Tasty Vegan Cookbook from My Tasty Cookbook is an excellent way to introduce new foods to your family and enjoy plant-based recipes once a day or once a week, it’s entirely up to you!
Below you’ll find a delicious vegan chocolate cake dessert to serve the family that’s been taken from The Tasty Vegan Cookbook to help inspire you to personalize your cookbook today.
Fudgiest dairy free chocolate cake
Fudgiest Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
This delicious recipe is one of the best tasting chocolate cake that has no dairy inside. A recipe created from Tasty Vegan's new cookbook!
- 30oz full-fat coconut milk (880mL), 2 cans
- 3 cups dairy-free chocolate chunk (510g)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (60g), melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar (240g)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (390g)
- 1½ cups dark cocoa powder (180g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups almond milk (710mL)
- 1 cup coconut oil (240g), melted
- 1½ cups applesauce (380g)
- 1½ cups maple syrup (505g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Berry, of choice, for garnish
- Using a microwave-safe measuring cup or a small pot on the stove, heat the coconut milk until hot but not to boiling. This will be about 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Grab a large bowl and place the dairy-free chocolate in it. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate allowing the milk to melt the chocolate.
- Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil and powdered sugar to the bowl. Using a hand mixer or whisk beat until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 3 8-inch (20cm) round cake pans and set aside.
- Get a large bowl and add the whole wheat flour, dark cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together until combined and set aside.
- Get another large bowl and add the almond milk, coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk the combine the ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in two batches. Fold the mixture together with a spatula until combined. It's okay if you have some clumps.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 pre-greased cake pans and bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- Now it's time to remove the frosting from your refrigerator and mix it up until well-combined.
- Choose which cake will be the bottom layer and cover it evenly with frosting, this will take about 1 cup (115g) of frosting.
- Top the second layer and frost it evenly.
- Add the final layer of the cake and frost the top and sides generously with your frosting.
- You may top with berries of your choice for garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1187Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 48gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 9gSugar: 105gProtein: 13g
If you liked this recipe you may like these other recipes from the Tasty Cookbook:
Tasty Cookbook Recipes
Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
A healthy buffalo chickpea wrap that's kid-friendly yet flavorful enough for adults. Enjoy this Tasty Vegan recipe today!
And what about more vegan dessert recipes? Check these out from around the web below:
Vegan Dessert Recipes
Nutrient-Packed Cookie Dough Boys
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Wheat-free)
Easy Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter!
Thanks for visiting! See you for the next dessert recipe!