If you’ve spent any time online you must have seen a video from Tasty. These simple and delicious recipes are all over the web, and even though that’s a great resource to have, there is now a book! We decided to recreate a sweet potato chicken stir fry recipe from My Tasty Cookbook. The book features many recipes that you can mix and match for delicious flavourful recipes made at home.
This cookbook was designed with the Tasty fan in mind and features 22 chapters of mix and match recipe ideas that your whole family will enjoy. My Tasty Cookbooks is also a nice gift idea for the seasoned cook, or even new chef in your family!
Today we are featuring a delicious sweet potato recipe from the book that your whole family will enjoy.
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- (455g) cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) cubes
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (60g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup water (60mL)
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300g)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped, to serve
- Handful of chopped peanuts, to serve
- Get a small bowl and mix together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, chilli flakes, and water until smooth.
- Set aside
- Get a large bowl and mix together the lime juice, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add your cubed chicken to the large bowl mixture and stir until completely covered.
- Cover with cling wrap and marinate in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan or saucepan over medium-high heat and add chicken.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until your chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the fully cooked chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Spiral your peppers and sweet potato into a large bowl.
- Add sesame oil to your frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your spiral vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add your fully cooked chicken cubs and peanut sauce.
- Stir to coat.
- Add additional water if the sauce is too thick to coat.
- Reduce y our heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- You'll cook until the sweet potato noodles are al dente.
- top with spring onions and chopped peanuts.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 578Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 46g
Let us know if you try this Sweet Potato Chicken Stir Fry recipe with your family. We also have some other delicious recipe ideas for you to try out – from sweet dishes to savoury – there is plenty to choose from on the site! Check them out below.
Do you love our sweet potatoes recipe? Then check out other sweet potato recipes from other great sites around the web.
Before you go, remember that you can get the latest updates from us by subscribing to our newsletter.
Thank you for stopping by,