If you’ve spent any time online you must have seen a video from Tasty. These simple and delicious recipes are all over the web, and even though that’s a great resource to have, there is now a book! We decided to recreate a sweet potato chicken stir fry recipe from My Tasty Cookbook. The book features many recipes that you can mix and match for delicious flavourful recipes made at home.
This cookbook was designed with the Tasty fan in mind and features 22 chapters of mix and match recipe ideas that your whole family will enjoy. My Tasty Cookbooks is also a nice gift idea for the seasoned cook, or even new chef in your family!
Today we are featuring a delicious sweet potato recipe from the book that your whole family will enjoy.
Sweet Potato Chicken Stir Fry
This sweet potato chicken stir fry is a quick meal idea for those busy work nights. Perfect for kids and adults to enjoy.
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- (455g) cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) cubes
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (60g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup water (60mL)
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300g)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped, to serve
- Handful of chopped peanuts, to serve
- Get a small bowl and mix together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, chilli flakes, and water until smooth.
- Set aside
- Get a large bowl and mix together the lime juice, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add your cubed chicken to the large bowl mixture and stir until completely covered.
- Cover with cling wrap and marinate in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan or saucepan over medium-high heat and add chicken.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until your chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the fully cooked chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Spiral your peppers and sweet potato into a large bowl.
- Add sesame oil to your frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your spiral vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add your fully cooked chicken cubs and peanut sauce.
- Stir to coat.
- Add additional water if the sauce is too thick to coat.
- Reduce y our heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- You'll cook until the sweet potato noodles are al dente.
- top with spring onions and chopped peanuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 46g
Let us know if you try this Sweet Potato Chicken Stir Fry recipe with your family. We also have some other delicious recipe ideas for you to try out – from sweet dishes to savoury – there is plenty to choose from on the site! Check them out below.
Ideas for Food
Check out some of the other ideas we have for you to cook with the kids on the site.
Chickweed Sandwiches: Recipes for foraging
I love Foraging with Kids book. Here is one of the recipes taken from the book I shared.
Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
Yummy chocolate stuffed strawberries will be a delicious treat for that special someone in your life. All you need is a half-hour and you'll be ready to bite into the yummy blend of chocolate and strawberries.
3 Ingredient Mango Sorbet
Enjoy a healthy treat that your kids will devour, this 3 ingredient mango sorbet is a breeze to make and is full of melt in your mouth flavor.
Do you love our sweet potatoes recipe? Then check out other sweet potato recipes from other great sites around the web.
Sweet Potatoes Recipes
If you like sweet potatoes - why not take a look at some of these too?
Recipe: Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples & Sweet Potatoes
Combine the taste of pork chops with fruit and vegetable. Taste how delicious the combination of pork chops and sweet potatoes with the meat.
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes
Need a breakfast idea with sweet potatoes? or feel bored with your pancake taste? Try this sweet potato pancakes.
Beautiful Orange Praline Sweet Potatoes
You can make a lot of menu variation with sweet potatoes. Here is one of them, orange praline sweet potatoes.
Before you go, remember that you can get the latest updates from us by subscribing to our newsletter.
Thank you for stopping by,