From 12th Jan in Cornwall to 23rd Mar an army of mad crazy bloggers are going to be climbing up the country from Lands End to John O’ Groats in a first ever Blogger Relay. 3000 miles they will cover using a number of different modes of tranport; some mad, some just slightly less so.
Myself and the wonderful Me and my Shadow plus our much fitter other halves are doing the Cambridge to Milton Keynes leg on the 2nd February. Me and My Shadow will be dressed as Wonder Woman for her bit – but what superhero should I go as though? I really haven’t a clue. More on that problem later….
For a bit of background, we are getting the Lycra on from Cambridge where there will be:
- Swimming along the backs in the city centre
- Cycling from the edge of the town into Bedford
- Running from Bedford to Newport Pagnell and finally,
- Walking from Newport Pagnell into the centre of Milton Keynes.
There isn’t a motorised vehicle in sight for the 45 miles of the leg.
If you can, we would really appreciate your support for the cause.
How can you help?
- SPONSORSHIP US NOW: There is a Cambridge Teamhonk Justgiving page; please sponsor us to spur us all on. We are aiming to raise £20,000 across all the teams of bloggers involved. It’s a big challenge bit with your help we can do it.
- TEXT DONATIONS: Sport Relief have kindly set up a specific text number for you to be able to donate £5.00 to Team Honk. All you need to do is text HONK to 70005 and the money is there. Job done.
- SOCIAL MEDIA NOISE: Finally make some noise on social media; share this post on Facebook and Google Plus, follow Team Honk on Twitter. Do anything you can to spread the word. Watch the hashtag #teamhonk and #teamhonkrelay as much as you can from 12th Jan and GO RT CRAZY!
- LET YOUR LOCAL MEDIA KNOW: Do you the local papers, or anyone in the media. Is the blogger relay route going through your neck of the woods? Contact them and let them know so there is even more coverage of it!
- SUPPORT THE SPORT RELIEF GAMES: The first ever Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games take place from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd March 2014. The public can join the fun and games by running, swimming or cycling their way to raising cash at over a thousand venues around the country, including the landmark events at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. As one of the biggest fundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active raise cash and change lives. The money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help transform the lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people both at home in the UK and across the world.
What shall I wear?
Now all I have to do is decide what female superhero outfit to kit myself out in……
On my hen do – ten years ago….York didn’t know what had hit it…a very young and much better looking Cat Woman….
I don’t think this 40-year old, post child body can cope with that tight leather anymore…
But – Milton Keynes here we come…what do you all think I should be wearing this time around? I have been sponsored by joke.co.uk to don some of their fabulous Superhero costume gear in their online shop…but what do I choose? Bananawoman, the female riddler, She-Ra, or even a rather Sexy Storm. Not sure I could carry that one off – Bananawoman is most definitely more me I think?!!?
Tweet me @kiddycharts with #Teamhonk to met let me know if you want; or just comment on the post below.
I need your help now!