So, we are doing a giveaway advent this year for Christmas, and we always do one. It has given us the idea of doing a lovely printable for you; as part of the Christmas festivities – a Random Acts of Kindness advent calendar for the kids!
24 days in December, and every single one of them could be used by the kids to generate a little bit of kindness to spread throughout the world *yes, I am ambitious about this you know*
So come on, let’s spread the kindness joy!
Remember, it is also Kindness Day on Monday 13th November too, so please do get involved there if you can. Every little bit counts.
Kindness isn’t just for the week, so this kindness advent calendar will continue it all, long into December!
We have 24 ideas for you that kids can get stuck in to throughout December to bring a little kindness back – from helping their friends, to even giving you a little boost as well.
- Give to a food back; why not get that Reverse Advent done in November, and you can then pass it on the the first of this advent! Mum in the Madhouse has an excellent one, and there are other on Pinterest too. Baby Budgeting recently covered them too.
- Buy a friend a little toy for bing a bestie
- Help a stranger (make sure you mum and dad are with you!)
- Do a household chore for you mum (or dad)
- Mark a card for older relatives or someone in a home
- Give some of your toys to charity
- Put something in the garden for the birds / hedgehogs
- Donate some of your pocket money to charity
- Make something lovely for neighbours
- Share a favourite toy with a friend or sibling
- Done some books to the library or a kids hospital
- Offer to take a friends dog for a walk
- Give something hand-made to your teacher
- Talk to someone that looks lonely at school
- Drop cards all over school with positive messages on
- Be nice to someone you aren’t sure about
- Make your parents breakfast in bed
- Buy something from a charity shop and then give it away
- Clean you sibling’s or a friend’s bedroom
- Buy a coffee for a stranger (with you mum and dad around clearly)
- Make Kindness Rocks and leave them in your local town
- Give the postman a thank you card for all his hard work
- Make an Xmas bauble for a friend, and finally
- Leave Santa a little something too!
If that doesn’t keep them busy then; NOTHING WILL!
There are some other great advents out there for kindness for kids too, so why not take a look at these as well for other ideas?
- Some Random Acts of Kindness Advent ideas from Mum in the Madhouse again,
- Another printable advent from Coffee Cups and Crayons,
- Noomii has a really cool advent, but you do have to subscribe to get a new act into your inbox every day for this one, and
- Childhood101 has another set of 24 ideas, just in case we didn’t give you enough!
We also have some more Kindness printables for you too, including Random Acts of Kindness Cards, and 100 ideas for Random Acts of Kindness. So even if you don’t like the 24 we picked here, there are another 76 to choose from!
Most important though, whatever you do, let us know about it. If you also have any other Kindness ideas; we would love to hear. Just use the #52KindWeeks hashtag, and we will see it. If you would like to link up any kindness posts, statuses, or anything else like that, then do so below. We would love to hear your stories of positivity; let’s make t’interweb a welcoming place for everyone.