We are carrying on the theme of friendship issues this week with our latest Google hangout we discuss helping with friendship issues. Whilst teaching your kids about the ins and outs of friendship is very important, what do you do when they are distressed by a friendship going wrong?
In this video we are joined by our resident counsellor, Beckie Whitehouse of Be Confident Coaching. We love being able to sit down and have a chat with her about different parenting issues and in this video we discussed such areas as:
- how CAN we help when they come home and say “nobody likes me”
- when your child has a controlling friend
- standing up for themselves
- changing friendships as your child develops
Has your child had friendship issues that needed a helping hand? How did you deal with it? We do value all your comments so please do share them with us in the comments below.
We also like to share articles with you from the blogging world that we think will be useful reads. Hope you enjoy these posts:
- This girls Q&A book on friendship is perfect for mums of girls
- The Pragmatic Parent talks about teaching your kids to be good friends as well as finding the right friends
- Nicole at Imperfect Families discusses the do’s and don’ts of your child’s friendship drama
We also have more posts from KiddyCharts that we think will help:
- Encourage sharing between children with this #GoogleHangout video
- In this video we discuss praise and how and when we should it give it to our children
- Don’t forget to use our Reward Charts to help you discipline your child
And if you love this video on helping your child with friendship issues, why not share it with some of the lovely people about on Twitter?
Thank you for stopping by. We hope you enjoy the other videos in our series.