Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of joining Britmums, some other mum bloggers, Philips Lighting and Timothy Meaker in a hangout to discuss the art of den building.
Why not pull up a chair, as long as the kids haven’t stolen it to build a den, and have a listen. Tim, and the gang have some wonderful advice for you including:
- What do you need to build a den
- Alternative ideas for Den building, other than the traditional duvet and the odd clothes peg
- How to create a den in a small room
- Using light to differentiate rooms
- Bringing the outside in
- Using colour in your dens to spark imagination
- What coloured lighting can do to effect moods
- What lights are safe in those secret places kids like to climb, such as under the covers or their beds.
We were joined on the hangout by some of my wonderful mummy blogger friends:
Do nip over to their blogs to check out their thoughts on dens, and everything else as well. All great sites and worth a read. Hopefully, we can inspire you to build a den for the Philips Lighting competition – check out the details on the blog, and you are in with a chance of winning a fantastic den building kit for the kids. All you need to do is share your dens with us using the #MyDens hashtag – so go on, what are you waiting for?
Do you have any tips for den building? If you do, then please do share them below too, we would love to here from you.
Note: The hangout for this post was sponsored by Philips Lighting.