We LOVE a spot of iSpy on KiddyCharts, so we have designed another freebie for you this week; a Printable I Spy around clothes and fashion.
No matter what floats your fashion boat, whether it is patterned or white dresses, funky skirts, white shirts, socks, or sneakers. This printable has something for everyone within it.
You just have to get your kids to search for the clothes within the wardrobe, and then they can write the answers on the answer sheet.
We have also included a blank wardrobe within the pack of three sheets. The reason for doing this is that you can then let your kids use their own imaginations to either:
- Create their own outrageous wardrobe, with whatever mad designs that want to include, or
- Get them to make their own Printable I Spy game with the same fashion theme.
What does the Printable I Spy look like?
As this is quite a small pack with only three sheets, we didn’t include a cover sheet within the printable, so it is straight into the activity as soon as you download the worksheets.
What are the answers to this Printable I Spy?
For this activity, we haven’t included the answers on the sheets. It IS pretty self-explanatory what they are, and not too hard to work them out. In case you need confirmation though:
- Pairs of socks – 1
- Brown trousers – 3
- Sneakers – 3
- Red skirt – 3
- Flowery and white dress – 4 (one of these is a little hidden, so watch out for it)
- White shirt – 5
- Pink hangers – 10
And yes – we do like the number three in this activity 😂. You can mix it up a bit more if you want when your children create the activity with the blank wardrobe. What other clothes might you include there?
- Shorts, and so on.
There are loads of ideas – perhaps your kids might even like to add a few hair accessories to the wardrobe too – what about something as outlandish as a fascinator?
Though this is quite a simple activity, a Printable I Spy like this is focusing on building a number of different skills for your kids including:
- Matching skills, as they have to find all the similar items,
- Numeracy skills, while they count up the numbers of similar items,
- Understanding colours, as while they do this activity, you can talk to them about the colours that feature within the Printable. You could even see if there are other items within the room you are in of the same colour and talk about those too within the activity,
- Creativity, through developing the third page activity. You can be as simple or as complex as you like with the final page activity. For slightly older children – you could even ask them to draw a scene through the wardrobe – a bit like in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe? What would you like to and
- Literacy; as you are writing down the numbers. This helps with basic number recognition too of course.
To download this pack of three worksheets, you just need to click on the button below, and it is yours. This is available to everyone on the site. We do have our exclusive printables for our Time to Pee members released once a week, so do feel free to check our free membership out.
If you like these activities, we do have a number of other activities focused on Fashion on the site that you might like to check out. These are related to coloring, and other learning ideas for kids. We even have a literacy activity based around designing your own wardrobe, from shoes to T-Shirts, and even a wedding dress.
If you like what you have seen here, do consider signing up for our newsletter where we give you summary of what has been happening on the site straight into your inbox. We send a maximum of twice a week.
Thanks for coming to visit us, and see you soon. If there is anything that you would like to see on the site, do drop us a line as well. We love to hear from you all.