If your child loves mermaids then they will love this mermaid craft activity. This sparkly activity will keep your child occupied as they concentrate on putting all the sequins onto the tail-a great activity for helping their fine motor skills.
For this activity you will need:
- Paper and pencil
- Felt or wool (on whatever colour you’d like the mermaids hair to be)
Here’s how we made it:
- First either find a picture of a mermaid or draw one on a piece of paper.
- Add glue to the tail and start sticking on all the sequins then follow for the mermaids top
- Use the wool or cut thing lengths of the felt and glue on as the hair
- Sprinkle the sand at the bottom of the picture. If you have taken a recent trip to the seaside and have some shells at home you can also add these on!
We hope you enjoyed this mermaid craft and have an opportunity to make one with your child soon!
If you need a printable to do this with, then why not sure this one – it’ll work perfectly for you?
We hope you like this simple craft for the kids – doesn’t take much effort, and they will love to have it in there room perhaps – maybe you can even frame it! ;-)
We do have a few other great crafts that you might like on the site too; simple but effective, why not take a look?
- Rainbow craft for the kids,
- Wall art: Simple cat craft for kids, this is another really nice craft for the kids that they can frame if they love a good cat, and finally
- Under the sea battleship craft, where the kids can make a battleship game!
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter, and to check us out on Pinterest as well; until next time!