We know you know this, but Halloween is our favourite time of year on KiddyCharts, it ranks alongside Christmas, so it would be remiss of us not to have a whole month of delightful ideas for you all to go alongside all the other amazing Halloween activities that we have for you, right? We have a brand new Halloween printable game to start the festivities with for you. This is a classic, with a twist. We have two versions of it to download from the site, so why not come on over and check it out?
You all know the classic memory games, don’t you. Pairs, as it is sometimes called. Well, this Halloween printable game is just that for the scary season: a Halloween memory game for the kids to get stuck into.
How to play our Halloween printable game
The rules are pretty much the same for any pairs game out there, but there is a bit of a choice for you to make first though….
- Print out the set of memory cards that you want to use from the download button below. You can:
- Print the colored set, and just play with that – print it twice for double the fun,
- Print out the set for our Halloween memory game that needs coloring in. Have a bit of fun coloring them in, and then play in the usual way, and finally
- Print both sets out, color one set in, and throw them in together for a longer and harder game with a bigger square to remember.
- Once you have printed out the sets you want, you just need to cut out the individual cards,
- Lay them out in front of you in a uniform pattern, face down,
- Choose who goes first – perhaps with rock, paper scissors,
- That person turns over two cards, and remembers what they are and where they are. If they are pairs – they have won them, and put that pair in front of them as “theirs”
- If the cards are different, remember where they are and what they have on them, and it is the other players turn. This game works for up to four, and possibly six if you print out extra sets of cards!
- The next player has there turn, turning over two cards. Try and remember where the other cards are, and if you turn over one and you KNOW or THINK that you have had that design, see if you can remember where it was!
- Keep turning over the cards until they are all gone. The winner is the one with the most pairs at the end of the game, and probably has the best memory as well. Well done!
Give us a flavour of the Halloween memory cards please
We have given you a sneak people of a couple of the cards, but here are a few more for you too, so you know what you are in for when you download the goodies:
Coloring memory game for Halloween
We think that these are pretty curte in every way – there are a total of 30 cards in the colorful memory game for Halloween set – everything from poison to crystal balls. Here is a complete list of all the elements we have included for you.
There is obviously a set of two of these each:
- Jack o’ Lantern,
- Black Cat,
- Spider Web,
- Witches hat,
- Spellbook, and
- Crystal Ball,
- Bat, and
- Witches Broom
- Tomb stone,
- Trick or Treat, and
We have another set of the same cards that can be colored in too for you:
We have tweaked the cards a little, so the designs are easier to color in – but are still the same elements.
This has the added benefit of making a slightly harder game if you put the two sets together for the older kids, as they have to remember the different designs of the same things. This means that you can make the game a little more challenging for adults and kids alike.
Though if YOUR memory is anything like mine, not sure we needed to make it that much more challenging for the adults, right?
To download this, just click on the button below, and it is yours:
We have, of course, got loads more ideas for Halloween for you and the kids, including 101 alternatives to trick or treating for you to try. Why not take a look here?
Halloween printables on KiddyCharts
We LOVE Halloween - so we have loads of printables for you that work perfectly for this season. Why not take a look at some of them now?
Halloween colouring pages for kids
Our most popular post with loads of free coloring pages for the kids at Halloween, and its FREE!
Free Halloween photo props or Halloween party decorations
Some free photo props for the photo booth at your Halloween party. Loads of fun guaranteed!
Free Halloween bingo cards
Looking for a game to play with the kids, or the school at Halloween, then Bingo is it!
Halloween parade invitation for you or your kid's toys!
An invitation for you to use if you are having a Halloween parade or a party this year.
25 free spooky Halloween printables for the kids
Finally, loads more ideas for printables both on KiddyCharts and elsewhere. Take a look!
You might even want to take a look at our amazing Halloween coloring book too, on the paid part of our site – it is AWESOME! We got loads of other Halloween downloadable printables on there too.
Cute Halloween Coloring Pages
This is over 50 pages, and includes loads of fun and CUTE coloring pages for the kids to have a go at.
Print it off and keep them busy for hours, and hours. At least long enough to decorate for the Halloween party that we know you all want to have?
Remember – download it and 51% of profit for our business goes to charity, so you are helping us out too!
We think that’s loads for Halloween for you to take a look at, but if you did want more, how about checking out these ideas from other sites as well?
Halloween printables from the internet
Loads more printables for you to check out with a Halloween theme. Hopefully you will find more inspiration for your Halloween seasonal activities here too.
Free Printable Halloween Writing Prompts for Kids
We like to do learning activity related printables on KiddyCharts as well, of course. Here are some writing prompts for the season from Pickle Bums.
Printable Halloween Would You Rather Questions for Kids
We LOVE a spot of "Would you Rather" and this is a fabulous Halloween themed game for you and the kids to play. Thanks Darcy and Brian for putting this one together for us all.
Halloween Paper Chains - Easy Printable Craft for Toddlers
Paper chains are a simple decoration that is so effective - so why not make some for Halloween as well as Christmas? These are perfect from Rainy Day Mum.
Thanks, as always for coming to see us, we love having you here, so we hope you will come back again; why not sign up for our as it happens newsletter too?
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox as they are published
See you soon,