It’s so much fun to create this free climbing monkey printable with your kids. STEM activities are the perfect way to encourage a love of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics within your kids. The awesome part about STEM activities for kids, especially this climbing monkey is that they are fun!
The benefits of STEM activities
Introduces creative process
Kids are able to use this free climbing monkey printable to create a monkey that actually climbs. During this process, kids are able to take part in the creative process of making the monkey climb properly. Kids will be introduced to the creative process that goes on behind the scenes to make things work when doing this STEM activity.
A project like this free climbing monkey printable: STEM activity may be best completed as a team. Whether you do this with your kid or they complete this STEM activity with a sibling or friend, the climbing monkey printable STEM activity can encourage teamwork skills as your kids collaborate to make sure the monkey does what he’s supposed to do.
Let’s face it, kids love learning with hands-on activities. This free climbing monkey printable: STEM activity is a fun hands-on learning activity for your kids to start having a love of STEM education. This activity opens the doors to your kids doing more hands-on learning and excelling in other areas of academics.
Being able to follow the instructions to create this free climbing monkey printable: STEM activity is the first step towards teaching your kids how to complete step by step instructions. When kids start to complete activities like this on a regular basis they’ll start to have an urge to learn more things and complete more STEM activities in the future.
STEM is the future of our kids’ job openings. This means it’s up to us at KiddieCharts to offer free ways to complete STEM activities with your kids so that they’re prepared for the world of jobs that will be offered to them as adults.
Climbing monkey printable
- Climbing monkey printable (you can download)
- 2 pcs of 3cm-length straws
- thread to push and balance
- 2cm-paper-box to put underneath the tree
- double tape
- Print the document on a construction paper,
- Cut the edge of the pictures with scissors,
- Color them,
- On the other side of the monkey, put 2 pieces of the 3cm-length straws,
- Put the thread inside the straw and give some load in the end of the thread so it will be balanced when we pull the other end,
- Put a double tape to paste the 2cm-thick-paper underneath to the other side of the tree picture,
- Put the tree on the wall or surface you want,
- Knot the thread on the other side of the monkey like the image,
- Put the nail near the tree,
- Hook the thread to the nail, and
- Pull and unwind the thread to play with the monkey.
What a great STEM activity this climbing monkey will be, right? We also have several kids’ activities you might want to check out on KiddyCharts covering STEM too:
- Jelly Baby wave machine is a fun STEM activity taken from Mr Shaha’s Recipes for Wonder. I am sure kids will like this,
- Star paper plate sun catcher is a wonderful craft activity to do both indoor and outdoor that can be a great experiment for STEM, and
- Five ways to have fun with water play will give your children something to do, especially during the summertime.
Looking for more STEM activities for children?
- Frugal Fun 4 Boys has 30+ awesome STEM challenges for kids with inexpensive or recycled materials that will make kids busy,
- Your kids will always be busy with Steam Powered Family‘s Ultimate Guide to STEM Activities – With over 100 activity ideas, and
- Little Bins Little Hands has creative STEM activities and Science experiments for your little ones.
Now, it is time for you to download the climbing monkey printable and have fun with kids. Click the image below to get access:
If you like this activity, you might sign up to our newsletter to get in touch. Just fill in the form with your best email:
Thank you for stopping by. Let me know if you have some great STEM activities you want to share with my readers. Don’t hesitate to comment.