We LOVE ski-ing on KiddyCharts. And we go on a family ski-ing holiday Every. Single. Year. So what better way to share with you all our experiences than with a family ski-ing holiday check list?
We think we have pretty much thought of everything, but you can take a look here – and then print out the list to tick everything off one by one. That means that when you have your chosen family ski resort; you KNOW you will be prepared!
If there is anything that YOU think we should have included in our family ski-ing holiday check list, but we haven’t, do let us know and we will do our best to pop it in as soon as we can.
So – here goes….
Ski-ing holiday checklist: For the Slopes
- Lift pass (if you bought them in advance)
- Ski sun cream
- Lip sunscreen / lip balm
- Ski hat
- Ski goggles
- Base layers
- Ski Jacket
- Ski Socks
- Thermal trousers
- Ski gloves
- Sports bra for all the mum out there!
- Underwear *cough*
- Helmet (and other ski equipment if you aren’t hiring)
- Rucksack for taking out on the slopes
- Snacks for the slopes – something with a lot of energy in, e.g. chocolate, cereal bars, etc
For Apres Ski
- Warm Jacket
- Long sleeved tops
- Short sleeved tops – for being cosy in your accommodation
- Nice dresses for the girls and ladies if you fancy a night out in a restaurant
For being practical
- First aid kit, to include plasters, painkillers for the kids, and paracetamol in case you get a cold!
- Deep heat – and anything to help with muscle strain
- Universal travel adaptor
- USB cables for the kids devices (and yours!)
- eHIC card for European travel
- Passport and any other travel documents
- Camera for those pics – and make sure you take a charger with you too
- Alarm clock
- Travel pillow
For the accommodation
- Toiletries, and don’t forget the toothbrush!
- Speakers, and/or headphones depending on whether you have teens or not (!)
- Books and magazines
- Make up (if you like that sort of thing)
- Hairdryer, and straighteners (for the teen!)
- Boot warmers if you have them – and maybe even some for the gloves too?
- Games to keep the kids entertained, e.g. Top Trumps, or Playing Cards; perhaps choose from some of our favourite board games?
Go on now – what on EARTH have we forgotten?!?!
Ski-ing is something that I don’t personally do, but my kids and other half are massive fans. Therefore, if I have missed anything off, do please let me know. It’s probably because my main concern when we go ski-ing is to make sure I have a good book, and enough money for a few hot chocolates!
In addition to this family ski-ing holiday check list, we do have a few articles that you might like to check out on family ski-ing as well:
- We have some tips for ski-ing when you are pregnant, which is well worth a look,
- Some ideas of choosing a friendly ski resort, in particular when you have a young family,
- How to choose a non-skier friendly ski-resort, and finally
- Some ideas for activities as a non skier on a ski-ing holiday. We have plenty of experience of this!
We trust you like this, and do come back again soon, won’t you – subscribe as well for more cool ideas on holidays, and printables too. At least one a week!
Thanks for coming!