We LOVE ski-ing on KiddyCharts. And we go on a family ski-ing holiday Every. Single. Year. So what better way to share with you all our experiences than with a family ski-ing holiday check list?
We think we have pretty much thought of everything, but you can take a look here – and then print out the list to tick everything off one by one. That means that when you have your chosen family ski resort; you KNOW you will be prepared!
If there is anything that YOU think we should have included in our family ski-ing holiday check list, but we haven’t, do let us know and we will do our best to pop it in as soon as we can. If you are driving to a ski-ing holiday over in France, Mum in the Madhouse has an excellent checklist for you before you travel too.
So – here goes….
Ski-ing holiday checklist: For the Slopes
- Lift pass (if you bought them in advance)
- Ski sun cream
- Lip sunscreen / lip balm
- Ski hat
- Ski goggles
- Base layers
- Ski Jacket
- Ski Socks
- Thermal trousers
- Ski gloves
- Sports bra for all the mum out there!
- Underwear *cough*
- Helmet (and other ski equipment if you aren’t hiring)
- Rucksack for taking out on the slopes
- Snacks for the slopes – something with a lot of energy in, e.g. chocolate, cereal bars, etc
For Apres Ski
- Warm Jacket
- Long sleeved tops
- Short sleeved tops – for being cosy in your accommodation
- Nice dresses for the girls and ladies if you fancy a night out in a restaurant
For being practical
- First aid kit, to include plasters, painkillers for the kids, and paracetamol in case you get a cold!
- Deep heat – and anything to help with muscle strain
- Universal travel adaptor
- USB cables for the kids devices (and yours!)
- eHIC card for European travel
- Passport and any other travel documents
- Camera for those pics – and make sure you take a charger with you too
- Alarm clock
- Travel pillow
For the accommodation
- Toiletries, and don’t forget the toothbrush!
- Speakers, and/or headphones depending on whether you have teens or not (!)
- Books and magazines
- Make up (if you like that sort of thing)
- Hairdryer, and straighteners (for the teen!)
- Boot warmers if you have them – and maybe even some for the gloves too?
- Games to keep the kids entertained, e.g. Top Trumps, or Playing Cards; perhaps choose from some of our favourite board games?
Go on now – what on EARTH have we forgotten?!?!
Ski-ing is something that I don’t personally do, but my kids and other half are massive fans. Therefore, if I have missed anything off, do please let me know. It’s probably because my main concern when we go ski-ing is to make sure I have a good book, and enough money for a few hot chocolates!
In addition to this family ski-ing holiday check list, we do have a few articles that you might like to check out on family ski-ing as well:
- We have some tips for ski-ing when you are pregnant, which is well worth a look,
- Some ideas of choosing a friendly ski resort, in particular when you have a young family,
- How to choose a non-skier friendly ski-resort, and finally
- Some ideas for activities as a non skier on a ski-ing holiday. We have plenty of experience of this!
We trust you like this, and do come back again soon, won’t you – subscribe as well for more cool ideas on holidays, and printables too. At least one a week!
Thanks for coming!