Christmas is up there with the best times of year; oh OK, it IS the best time of year, bar none. Games, food, decorations, fun, and everything else. The biggest and bestest bit of Christmas though, is the games. You cannot have Christmas without a glass of a little something (as a parent), and a bit of an argument over Christmas scattegories or charades.
We have a Christmas scattegories game for you all to download for free today on KiddyCharts. Just to make sure that you are all getting into the Yuletide spirit as soon as possible.
What’s included in the Christmas scattegories game?
This game includes a cover sheet, and then four gaming sheets for you to use in the game. How many of you are familiar with the game?
We hope that you all are, but just in case, we do have the rules below for you, so that if you need a little reminder, you have one.
First though, here are the sheets for you so that you know what lies in store when you take part in the game:
The categories that you have to pick words for are:
- Holiday songs,
- Holiday travel destination,
- Christmas dinner recipe,
- Stocking stuffer,
- Holiday drink,
- Items on wish list,
- Christmas movie,
- Family tradition, and
- Christmas song.
We have the word Gingerbread for you to use to choose all the word within – loads of luck to you all.
How to play scattegories
- Grab yourself a pen, and a timer – anything that can manage three minutes is perfect,
- Choose your scattegories sheets; print them out and photocopy one for each of the players,
- Set the timer running,
- Write down, under the first category name, an item from that category starting with the letter you are given for each line, with the initial letters spelling out Gingerbread.
- For example, for holiday songs you might have:
- Good King Wenceslas
- I’ll be home for Christmas
- No Sleep ‘Til Christmas, etc.
- Get as many down as you can within the three minutes
- Once time is up, check everyone’s answers; you get a point for every answer that is UNIQUE. If someone else picked the same answer, then no points are scored
- Do the same for all the categories within the game
- The person with the highest score at the end of the game, wins!
We have three pages of categories in the game PLUS a blank sheet. This way you can keep playing when you have run out with your own categories.
The game could go on forever, and you could keep coming back and playing our version of Christmas scattegories every year now!
To download the game, just click on the button below:
We hope you like this, if there want other Christmas printables, take a look here:
There are more ideas for printables around Christmas here too:
If you want to sign up to our newsletter, feel free to do so.
Thanks for coming to see us, and we do hope that we will see you again soon as well.