Do you have kids that go crazy for Frozen? Then you’re in luck as we have a fab recipe for some Frozen party food in the form of hot cocoa bombs. Hot cocoa bombs are all the rage at the moment (here’s another recipe for hot cocoa bombs we have on the site) so we knew we had to bring you another fun and tasty recipe.
These hot cocoa bombs are a lot of fun to make so we know that the kids will love to take part.
Frozen party food: Hot cocoa bombs
Makes 6 cocoa bombs
- 12 oz blue candy melts
- 6 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- ⅔ cup mini marshmallows
- Snowflake sprinkles mix
- Semi sphere silicone molds
- Put a large plate into the freezer.
2. Place your candy into a heat safe bowl and heat in the microwave for one minute.
3. Remove from microwave and stir.
4. Heat for an additional 30 seconds, remove and stir well.
5. Repeat step 3 until candy is fully melted.
6. Place about a teaspoon of melted candy into a cavity of the mold, and use a spoon or brush to get it all around the mold, making sure to get it all the way up the sides. Repeat with all mold cavities.
7. Place molds in the freezer for 5 minutes.
8. Remove molds and do a second coat of melted candy. Freeze for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Take the plate and candy coated molds out of the freezer.
10. Remove candy coated spheres from mold, and place on cold plate.
11. Fill 1 tablespoon of cocoa mix and 6-8 mini marshmallows into 6 of the candy spheres.
12. Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove plate and set on a hot pad.
13. Take the remaining 6 spheres, and one by one, grab one and place it upside down on the hot plate to start melting the edges. Place on top of one of the cocoa and marshmallow filled spheres. You may need to run a bit of melted candy along the middle where they meet. Do this until you have 6 cocoa bombs.
14. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
15. Reheat the remaining candy if needed, and pour into pastry bag or ziplock baggie.
16. Remove cocoa bombs from the freezer.
17. Cut the very tip of the pastry bag off and pipe melted candy over the top of a cocoa bomb, then add sprinkles. Do this step one at a time so that the sprinkles can stick to the melted candy.
18. To use, place in a mug and pour 6 ounces of hot milk over it. You may add 1-2 more tablespoons of cocoa mix to your mug.
We hope you make this recipe with your kids or even on your own to have a nice hot cup of cocoa. Enjoy!
Looking for more hot chocolate recipe suggestions and ideas, how about these?
Do you want more recipes? We have you covered with these pudding recipes from around the web.
Before you go, do sign up for our newsletter to get posts straight to your inbox.
Thank you for reading,
Pin It For Later!