The wonderful Mummy Central put together the most hilarious tagging meme last week, and I felt compelled to join in.
It was, quite simply, brilliant. She put together a list of “why” questions for our little ones. They ask us Why all the time, so its lets turn the tables! I loved the idea, so have joined in the meme, despite not actually being tagged.
I am a bit cheeky like that you see….
So, these are my questions for my little Chatterbox and Stuntboy…
1. Why when I tell you if you don’t listen, mummy may feel the need to raise her voice a smidgeon, do you still take three days to put on your shoes before school?
2. Why do I always manage to remember everything for you when I am leaving the house, but only barely remember to get dressed properly myself – am I wearing my knickers?
3. Why have I started using your memory as my back-up?
4. Why do you like bananas one day, and the next think they taste like fried worms?
5. Why will you happily pick up said worms in the garden and then try to eat them, but not my lovely afore-mentioned bananas?
6. Why, though I know you love each other very much, do you still argue over EVERYTHING?
7. Why do you scream like I am trying to chop all your limbs off when I apply suncream? One of these days, someone will call social services.
8. Why do you not understand that if I say we are going to be late for school, it is generally not a good time to decide that you absolutely MUST build a rocket with the lego / dress barbie / draw a fairy? *delete as appropriate*
9. Why do you like Peppa Pig so much? If I hear her snort in my house once more, I shall not be responsible for my own actions.
10. Why do you always pick the same bedtime story EVERY NIGHT? Though for some strange reason the Peppa Pig Annual seems to have got mislaid…
11. Why do I fancy Mr Bloom? (presenter on kids Telly for those not in the UK!). I am afraid I have mentioned this before in seven secrets about myself, including the one about the knickers…
I would like to tag some bloggers to join in if they want to, and haven’t already been tagged. You don’t have to of course, just intrigued to hear your thoughts on this too.
Before the tagging, I need to state the rules, so here goes:
1. Post your whys – as few or as many as you like
2. Link up your post here, and it would be great if you could leave a comment too
3. Tag 5 bloggers to keep this going
4. If you’re not a blogger, leave your whys as a comment below. I’d love to read them
5. Show your support by reading a few others and commenting on them.
My five are:
The gorgeous, Mammasaurus, though she probably won’t have time to do it
The most helpful, Actually Mummy
Fellow MADs nominee, Coombe Mill
Helen Lindop, from BusinessPlusBaby, and
Mummy Glitzer, as I am hoping it will inspire her again!
What are your “Whys” for the kids to answer? Why not pop them below, or even better, write them all down in a post if you blog (see rules!) and add to the Linky on Mummy Central.
If you like this, and my other posts, please do vote for me, and check out the other lovely blogs in the MAD Parent Blogging Awards as well. I am in the Small Business category, but Mammasaurus, Love All Blogs and Actually Mummy are in the awards in other categories and are well worth checking out.