Summer holiday fun is just around the corner – we’ve got some great summer travel tips for you all, but what about keeping those kids entertained.
How about you make the most of summer and keep your kids happy without spending a fortune with these fun summer things to do with kids.
- Keep budding archaeologists cool with some Lego excavation at Lemon Lime Adventures.
- These lovely summer themed printables will keep the kids busy at KiddyCharts
- Build a Den like this one at In the Playroom, or simply sling a sheet over a couple of chairs and a broom handle.
- Tie-dye old t-shirts and sheets like those at Hands on as we Grow.
- Learning can be fun too. These summer color by numbers printables will encourage your kids to learn numbers at Itsy Bitsy Fun (pictured bottom left and top right on square image)
- Make your own Slip-n-Slide like Inner Child Fun.
- These printable summer activity sheets are from Kids Activities Blog are perfect for long journeys, or for those days when it’s too hot or too wet to play outside.
- Take teaching time outside at Coffee Cups and Crayons.
- Set up an outdoor obstacle course inspired by the Alphabet at Mom Inspired Life.
- Indoor Shape Hopscotch at Housing a Forest could easily be transferred outside.
- Science Sparks shows how to make a pirate sword.
- Bowling with coconuts anyone? Mary Catherine at Fun-a-Day shows you how.
- Check out these top 10 for your kids to enjoy this summer outdoor toys at KiddyCharts
- This is insanely fun activity to play outside with water guns at All For The Boys (pictured top right and bottom right on square image)
- Try one of these free activities for kids every day to keep the boredom away at KiddyCharts
- Read how to make a cool pirate raft using pool noodles.
- These retro toys are just perfect for long summer rainy days at KiddyCharts
- I want one of these twirling ribbons from Happy Hooligans for myself!
- Host an outdoor movie night like Spaceships and Laserbeams.
- Combine art and science with this drop and splat painting activity at Fun a Day (pictured top left and top right on square image)
- Not sure about the neighbors, but your kids will love a My Nearest and Dearest’s outdoor music station.
- Check out this homemade recipe on how to make a giant bubbles at Happy Hooligans (pictured middle)
- Make a pool noodle flinger. Frugal Fun 4 Boys has instructions.
- Rain or Shine Mama has some brilliant ideas for playing outside on rainy days, including leaf racing.
- Kids will love this. This sandbox volcano eruption will make them happy and entertained at Little Bins For Little Hands (pictured bottom right and bottom left on square image)
- Have a scavenger hunt. Mama Papa Bubba has some good suggestions if you are stuck for inspiration.
- Download and print these ocean animals printables for your little ones at Itsy Bitsy Fun
- I Can Teach My Child has printables for fun games for kids.
- How about a splash party? Jornie’s is for younger kids but the idea could easily be adapted for older children.
- This Angry Birds game from No Time for Flashcards features lots of splatting!
- A little sensory fun for kids. Check this summer rock sensory exploration bin at Artsy Momma
- How to make mini water blobs for your little ones to relax on at Hello Wonderful
- Make a really simple rain gauge using recycled materials, for some rainy day fun at The Imagination Tree
Tuesday 3rd of May 2016
Every child has to take part in outdoor activities. these outdoor activities are amazing !Making giant bubbles is one of the most amazing activity for kids!Great innovative idea's. thanks for sharing such a cool post!
Wednesday 15th of July 2015
Awesome post! Another fun and cheap idea is to create a slip and slide out of an old tarp. Use some dish soap to make it extra slippery.
Maria Manjelo Photography
Wednesday 1st of July 2015
using few of them this weekend as we going camping to for the 4th of July long weekend.