A couple of weeks ago we did the family holidays with kids thang; we went to Austria with the kids on holiday.
We used to go a fair bit before having children, to Ski and to walk, but we have been back twice to the same place now with the children. The kids have changed a bit in that time as you can see..still standing by the same manhole cover, but a tad less fascinated by it this time around…
And I know; they are not exactly known for kid-friendliness, Austria and mountains…perhaps all a bit uphill for small people. But we love it there.
And we like taking the kids to places we love.
Family holidays with the kids in mountains? Are you sure…
After two trips there, we are pretty sure that they rather like it too. In fact, we would recommend it to anyone with kids, though it does depend on what you like doing, but it has:
- Swimming, with rather wonderful views and even more wonderful slides
- Trains and gondolas up mountains, so you can walk down without having to take six and five year old legs up
- Ice cream, and lots of it; even that yummy, Italian stuff…Apple flavour too!
- More swimming, including paddling in rivers
- Breaded chicken, well sort of – really known as Weinerschnitzel, and it was pork, but it was close enough, and there were…
- More ice cream, and most importantly a bit of..
- Sunshine; though as you are in the mountains, it can be 25 degrees one day, and grey and miserable the next. But frankly as we saw the sunshine for the first time in about two months when we got there, we were definitely not complaining.
So actually compared to some of the family holidays with kids – it was perfect for us and perfect for the kids, and all for the price of a week with the kids in this country. The flight was cheap, but the views were most definitely not.
Thursday 16th of August 2012
I agree! We had a fab holiday in Switzerland with our three a couple of years ago. Loved the lakes, and the lifts and the chocolate!
One Mother's Notes
Friday 10th of August 2012
I went to Austria when I was young, free and single. Loved it. What a great idea to take the kids. Photos are divine.
Thursday 9th of August 2012
This looks lovely Helen! I could fancy a holiday like that, although I did misread 'breaded chicken' as 'breaded children' first time around!! x