We’ve been giving you a few great ideas for paper based crafts on KiddyCharts recently. You can make your own french fries box, or try your hand at 31 days of different ideas and activities including loads of fun crafts and printables for kids. Today we have a printable school bus craft for all of those with kids that love their cars, buses and trains.
This craft workbook includes 4 pages, with our usual cover and end sheets, plus an instruction sheet, and the template for the school bus craft.
How to make the school bus craft
This is again a really simple template based craft for you. It is just about cutting out the template and then sticking it all together:
- Scroll down this article until you reach the button, and click on it,
- Download the PDF you are taken to, and then print this out,
- Go to page 3, which is the template, and cut this out carefully with a pair of scissors. Younger children will need a little supervision here as there are some difficult parts to this template,
- Fold the flaps carefully on the template and then glue them together to build the school bus, and
- Fold along the dotted lines to create the shape of the school bus, and get playing!
Whether you are from the US, UK, or another country, we hope that you think that these US school buses are as iconic and as fun to build as we do. We even have a toy version of the school bus to play with when our kids were little 🙂
What does the printable school bus craft look like
The big yellow bus, alongside the yellow New York taxis seem to be one of the more iconic vehicles within America.
if you aren’t sure what to do with the school bus then…
5 things to try with your school bus
once you have made this, which is, of course, fun in itself, you might want to do one of these five ideas for using it:
- Make it, and just have fun with it – colour it, personalise it for yourself, use it to play cars with, or pop it on the fridge or your desk as a memento of a fun class / home activity,
- Personalise it, and give it as a gift! Write the name of a friend, or family member in Sharpie in the window, or on the roof of the bus, perhaps with a special message,
- Fill it with sweets (though they will have to be small) and turn it into a treats bus! Something that might work really well with this are Jelly Tots or Sherbert Pips. Use Alphabet sweets, and you can turn it into a literacy activity 😂
- Decorate your bus with whatever you would like – embellish the wheels, add faces to the windows, or just generally have fun with it, once it is made, and
- Give the bus a theme, maybe a Halloween one (!), or a Christmas one, or whatever you would like, and decorate it accordingly. Draw faces at the window, add tinsel or ghosts, and have fun with the creativity!
We hope you enjoy making this craft, and some of the ideas for it too. If you are looking for other craft ideas for kids, we do have an area of the site dedicated to this. Why not take a look? You can also subscribe to our newsletter for more of the same:
To download the school bus craft template, just click on the button below, and it is yours to have fun with:
If you want other ideas around transportation from the site, do check those out too:
If you are a big school bus fan, here are some other school bus ideas you could be trying out too from other sites:
We would love for you to keep checking us out, so why not bookmark our website and keep looking? We are also active on Pinterest, and the other social channels, so check us out there too. Info in our sidebar – and you can check Pinterest out directly here too:
Thanks as always for stopping by.