A strong pelvic floor helps prepare your body for the strains of pregnancy, childbirth, ageing and impact sports. Kegel exercises are a great way to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
8 out of 10 Elvie women see results in as little as two weeks!
1. To prepare the body for pregnancy
During pregnancy, the pelvic floor muscles become strained due to weight gain and the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles become weakened.
This results in less support for the bladder and lower back often leading to physical problems.
- 50 – 80% of all women experience some form of bladder problems during pregnancy and after the birth of their baby (Netmums survey, 2014)
- 69% of pregnant women suffer from lower back pain. 57% of these report pain severe enough to impair their daily activities (Wang et al, 2004).
2. Speed up recovery after childbirth
More than half of new mothers experience problems as a result of poor pelvic floor muscle strength.
This innovative new kegel exercises technology empowers women to bounce back after having a baby and gives them the knowledge they need to strengthen and tone their most important core muscle.
Elvie is the latest in prevention, rather than treatment, for women’s health and wellbeing.
- 50% of all women who have had children develop some form of pelvic organ prolapse, 11% of whom will require surgery (Brocker et al, 2011)
- 60% of women feel the subject is taboo and often suffer in silence (Netmums survey, 2014)
3. To strengthen a weak pelvic floor as a result of high impact sports
There have been a number of studies which have identified a direct relationship between pelvic floor health disorders and regular participation in high impact sports.
Da Silva Borin et al (2013) investigated pelvic floor muscle strength and pressure in female athletes who participate in a range of sports such as volleyball, basketball, and handball and compared this with non-athletic women.
They identified a significant correlation between a weakened core muscle group and regular high impact sports.
- 40% of elite athletes experience the problems associated with weak pelvic floor
- Exercising your pelvic floor is vital to a maintaining a strong core
- Connected to your lower back and abs, your pelvic floor is your most important muscle
- Strengthen your body from the inside out as part of the holistic wellbeing trend combining health, fitness and diet
4. Improve your sex life
Your pelvic floor includes the muscles that spasm when you orgasm. So the stronger the muscles, the stronger the orgasm.
- Engagement through the Elvie app allows the user to be more in tune with their body and thus have greater control and awareness during sex
- As Elvie continues to strengthen the muscle, there will be an increase in blood flow and sensitivity in the area
- An increase in muscle will result in an increase in both lubrication and friction
5. Improve confidence and emotional wellbeing
For lots of women the threat of an accidental leak can be incapacitating. This can be so to the point where some women choose not to leave the house for fear of being caught short or have stopped doing the sports they love.
So many women could prevent these accidental leaks with just some simple, regular kegel exercises with Elvie.
After women have a baby their bodies change and the unfamiliarity or weakened muscles can stop them feeling confident and sexy.
We aim to help women strengthen their bodies from the inside out, getting them feeling like themselves again.