Today we have a delicious recipe that your little ones can make. Kiwi muffins are healthy, delicious and nutritious desert for the whole family. And they are quickly done!
Fresh kiwi is a great instant snack too! Put one half of kiwi in an egg cup and eat it with a teaspoon like a hard-boiled egg.
Did you now that the kiwi is a flightless bird and a large fuzzy berry? Inside the kiwi fruit you will find a lot of tiny black seed. This seed contain very important nutrient called magnesium.
How to Make Delicious Kiwi Muffins
- • 240g/9oz/2 cups self-raising
- • 2 tablespoons porridge oats
- • 50g/2oz/¼ cup light soft
- brown sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 200g/7oz kiwi fruit, about
- 2 small kiwi fruit
- • 120g/4¼oz/heaped ½ cup
- plain yogurt
- • 1 tablespoon lime juice
- • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- • 1½ tablespoons sunflower seeds
- wooden spoon, 12-hole muffin pan,
- 8 muffin papers, cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 (ask adults for help).
- Into a bowl put the flour, sugar and oats. This will be the dry bowl.
- Crack the egg into a cup and beat with a fork. Pour into a clean bowl.
- Let the adult cut the kiwi in half. With a teaspoon scoop the flash out and add to the egg. If there are large pieces left in the bowl chop them up with the scissors Then add the vegetable oil, lime juice and yogurt and stir. This will be the wet bowl.
- The next step is easy. Just pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until ther is no dry mixture to bee seen.
- Grab the muffin pan and put the muffin papers in the holes.Take a spoon of mixture and push it into the one of the muffin papers. Fill the rest muffin papers with the mixture and sprinkle with the sunflower seeds.
- Put the muffin tray in the oven using gloves ask your adult for help. Cook for 25min until the muffins are golden and risen. Leave to cool on a rack.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
There are many more recipes from around the world that kids can cook.
You can get all of them them here: http://amzn.to/2ioRL3D