This yummy and easy to make double decker Freakshake Canapes are all the rage a the moment and for a reason. They truly are super easy to make and you will not believe how delicious they are.
- FOR CANAPE CAKES:
- 125 g butter, softened
- 200 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 10 g baking powder
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml buttermilk
- FOR NOUGAT FROSTING:
- 1 Marshmallow fluff jar
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 g cream 25g sugar
- pinch of salt
- FOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 35 g butter
- Choc finger/café curls
- 1 Double Decker, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C (150 degrees fan). Line a mini muffin/cupcake tin with canape/mini muffin paper cups
- To make mini canape cakes, In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar on high speed till fluffy and light. Put in the eggs and vanilla and mix till combined. Add in all the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed, scraping the sides down to beat well and until just coming together. Tip in the buttermilk and mix till you end up with smooth batter but do not overmix.
- Put a teaspoon of butter into each cup in the prepared tin. Bake for 15min. Before removing from tray on a wire rack leave to cool in tin for 5min.
- To make the Frosting, over low-medium heat place the sugar in a shallow saucepan and caramelise till amber. Simultaneously, place the salt and cream in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Tip in the hot cream into the caramel and mix to combine over low heat, but be careful as it can bubble up. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Into the marshmallow fluff fold 2/3 of the caramel sauce. Make or prepare a piping bag wit a 1com round nozzle and fill with nougat frosting. On each cooled canape cake pipe small dollops then place in the fridge to set.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate over a double boiler (or microwave in 10sec short bursts) and mix in the cubed butter pieces and keep stirring till well combined and glossy
- Soak each frosted canape into the glaze and set aside.
- Fill a piping bag with the rest of the salted caramel sauce and cut off a bit from the tip to make a small piping hole. Over each canape cake swirl the sauce.
- Finnish off with chopped Double Decker pieces and a chocolate covered biscuit curl for the "sraw".
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Do take a minute to check our yummy Pinterest board, there are plenty of easy and delicious recipes for you!