We have the perfect bake for you today for all those days that you need to share a little love with someone using those precious hands that our children have to bake with (!). From Valentine’s Day to Mothers Day and Father’s Day, or just anytime you want to spread a little joy. This recipe for heart thumbprint cookies will help you to make a wonderful little gift to someone special.
Alternatively, just bake them with the kids for a spot of messy play – how doesn’t love getting their hands a little bit dirty, OK?
Servings: 24 Cookies
Prep: 15 minutes| Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 23 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 24 chocolate kisses
How to make your heart thumbprint cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix until well incorporated.
- Using a 1.5 inch heart cookie cutter press cookie dough into the cutter to make a heart shape. Repeat until your baking sheet is full of heart shaped cookies
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Your cookies should be nice and browned, but soft to the touch once baked.
- All you need to do how is push the chocolate kisses into the top of the cookies while they are still warm so they are easy to push in.
Now you are done! We think that these are gorgeous!
For a personal touch, way not add your kids thumbprint on the other side of the cookies, depending on how personalised you want to make them. Don’t forget to wash their hands before you do of course!
If you prefer you can bake circle cookies and then cut them into hearts after they are baked.
We hope that you agree that these are actually some of the most awesome cookie ever – and such a gorgeous gift for Valentines, Mothers Day, Fathers Day of any day. They might even work for Kindness Day too!
We’ve made a plate of them for you to take a look at – we trust you are keen on making a place of them as well 😂
If you are looking for some other heart-shaped ideas on the site, we do have a few, so why not check these out as well?
You could also try some of these ideas from other sites too?
If you like what you see on our site, why not sign up to our newsletter, and we will send you the articles we produce as they are published on here:
We hope that you come to the site again, as we love having you here. Good luck with making these fabulous heart thumbnail cookies. Once you do, why not let us know how you get on either through our contact form of in the comments section below.
See you soon,