This yummy recipe is so easy to make and it tastes delicious. It is also perfect for special kind of diets because there is no regular milk in it, but this cake is so good that everybody will love it.
- 200 g light soft brown sugar
- 150 ml olive oil
- 3 Co-operative British free range eggs
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 200 g self raising flour
- 100 ml unsweetened soya milk, warmed
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the icing:
- 150 g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp boiling water, or enough to make the right consistency
- Preheat oven to 170C/fan 150C/ Gas 4. Grab strips of greaseproof paper and lightly oil them. Base line a 22cm ring tin.
- For a few minutes, beat the sugar and oil. Slowly add the eggs with a little of the cocoa powder and flower. Beat every time you put an egg in.
- Put in the remaining cocoa and flour. Mix the bicarb and milk together, add to the bowl and stir it well. Pour into the tin and bake for 30min, bake for 10min more covered with greaseproff paper, then cool and turn out.
- Mix icing ingredients together, pour over the cooled cake and leave to set. Final thing, dust with icing sugar then slice.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g