Try this recipe for a beautifully plated, brunch or starter. Looks great – tastes even better. Stunning to look at, easy to prepare!
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 crusty bread rolls
- 25 g Gruyere Cheese, finely grated
- 8 Co-operative British Free Range eggs
- Small handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped (this is optional - you can use herbs such as parsley or thyme)
- 16 slices of prosciutto
- Around 750g asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas 5. Then rub a little oil over a baking tray (which is big enough to fit 8 bread rolls). Ensuring that you keep the bottom of the roll and the edges in tact, in the center of each bread roll, cut an egg sized hole - then place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle half of the grated Gruyere into the hole, then crack the eggs, an place one in each of the bread rolls. Sprinkle of the remaining cheese, as well as the herbs if you are using them.
- Next, using two to three asparagus spears (this is be depending on their thickness) wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus, you need to repeat this process until you have made 16 bundles. Using another backing tray place the asparagus bundles on it, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Finally, bake the rolls and the asparagus in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, or until the asparagus is cooked and the prosciutto is beginning to crisp and the eggs are cooked to your personal preference.
This easy to prepare recipe was provided by Co-operative Food
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 382Total Fat: 13.6gUnsaturated Fat: 0g
Why not try this recipe today!
Finally, please don’t forget to check out our great Pinterest Board for more recipe ideas from the KiddyCharts site!