Sharing is caring!
OK so that’s a pretty rubbish title, but I really didn’t know what else to write, or to say. I am going to speak in pictures for a moment…
You see, I don’t do coy, yet I don’t like asking for stuff, but then who does?
Generally, at this time of year, I always end up going too far the other way, getting embarrassed, wanting to ask for help, not wanting to ask for help, and then tying myself in knots. Then I give up, and just reach for the wine, or wish I was doing something else with my life that didn’t involve all these award shenanigans, and that meant I could rest easy in June without heart palpitations.
But I don’t, and I love blogging, so here goes..
It is the wonderful Britmums Brilliance in Blogging Awards in June, and nominations are open for the blogs that kick arse, metaphorically speaking of course.
I like to think that occasionally we tickle the odd buttock cheek in a totally professional manner in the blogging world, so we hope that you might consider nominating us in one of the Britmum’s lovely categories, by the 12th April – yes I know I have left it a bit late. I have been busy looking after the kids, and eating chocolate *priorities* ;-).
Suggested categories would be:
- Social Media; we are active on most channels, and consider ourselves to be ninja-like in our SM moves, or something like that anyway, or
- Video; we release at least one new parenting advice hangout each week, where we try and give 5 minutes quick advice on anything and everything parenting. We don’t claim to have all the answers but we certainly try and help. In addition, our Friday at 11 hangouts on G+ with the lovely Bird, Bug and Bee, Being Mrs C, Kids Days Out, and Pinkoddy, along with other lovely bloggers, could do with an honourable mention too.
I think that’s about where we fit, but feel free to do whatever you want; any nomination would be wonderful.
There are so many wonderful bloggers out there, I suspect we may struggle to make it this year, but I can cross my fingers, can’t I? Other great bloggers that deserve a mention are:
- Dorky Mum, in the Writer category, though in all honesty as she is now on the other side of the world not sure I can nominate her, but I wanted to put her down as her writing is simply the best, and too many times has be crying, all nodding in recognition
- Crazy Kitchen in Food
- Capture by Lucy in Photography,
- Mums Gone To and Kids Days Out Blog in Travel,
- Down Side Up and Older Single Mum in Inspire,
- Jennifer’s Little World and Red Ted Art in Crafts, and
- Edspire in Outstanding.
Though to be honest, its a wee bit tough to pick any one in anything…..
We would love you to take a little time, a couple of minutes max to nominate us, and any other blogs that you have loved this year. It’ll really help keep us going, because despite the hype in the media, most people that blog don’t do it for the free stuff, they do it because they love it, and in some cases for a living too. We really are dam lucky; but we also work bl**dy hard.